Wheres my boost!

acb92sc

My belt slips horribly after ~3800-4000 rpm(depending on temp). I go from about 12-3 psi to 8-9 psi. Mind i do have a full exhaust/CAI as well. Im not sure if i have a 5 or 10% pulley on, but it is a gatorback 4080392 on my blower. the belt has alot of evidence of slippage on it. I need my boost back so i can beat these Stangs again!

I had the same problem. I went to autozone and got a new belt and it stopped slipping. I also had an overdrive pully. I was racing a Camaro and the belt actually broke it was slipping so bad. That was a fun experiance driving the T-Bird with no SC.

I had a slipping belt right after I got my 10% pulley on it. I didn't even realize that it was slipping untill I had it on a dyno and the opperator pointed it out to me. Get a new idler pulley from SCP for the belt tensoner and it should fix the problem. Oh, and also wile your at it replace the belt too.

Shane

Thanx for the input
Shane,
A little off subject, but where did you get your rear suspension braces from? And are the aluminum irs bushings for the pumpkin or the sunframe? Im looking to upgrade my subframe mounts.

acb92sc said:
Thanx for the input
Shane,
A little off subject, but where did you get your rear suspension braces from? And are the aluminum irs bushings for the pumpkin or the sunframe? Im looking to upgrade my subframe mounts.

The rear IRS brace I have I got from one of the members here. It is nice but a one off creation and I only think he made two of them. BUT, Kennybrown makes almost the exact same thing for like $60-70. It is a nice piece, but I dont think it would clear a really big exhaust.

The aluminum IRS bushings are also a Kennybrown product. They are for the pumpkin. They work really nice and I haven't noticed any vibrations transmitted to the cabin like others have said they would do. I dont know if I am the only person running them or not. Seems most people use the polly bushings instead. The polly ones are like $20 cheaper too I think.

As for the subframe mounts, I dont think anyone makes any. Though I was thinking if I could get ahold of some good ones I would take them to work (Jegster) and see if we have any polly bushings of the same size and diameter. Maybe I could start something.

Shane

acb92sc said:
My belt slips horribly after ~3800-4000 rpm(depending on temp). I go from about 12-3 psi to 8-9 psi. Mind i do have a full exhaust/CAI as well. Im not sure if i have a 5 or 10% pulley on, but it is a gatorback 4080392 on my blower. the belt has alot of evidence of slippage on it. I need my boost back so i can beat these Stangs again!

Ha, I've smoked about three belts with a 5%. Get a belt # 4080390 (shorter) and you should be set. The best brand I have found are the Napa ones. I have been through gates and ford belts.

edit: or is the xxxxxxx2 the short belt and the xxxxxxx5 is the stock? I don't remember

good luck

Back