Fuel Pump wont run

thunderbird89sc

I bought another 89 sc 5 spd. It does have a few problems, suck as the fuel pump won't run, the wiring harness that runs from the EECIV in the the engine bay is all messed up. so that think that might be why the pump wont run, it will turn on for about 1/2 second then turn off. If anyone has any ideas where to find a new harness let me know, the old harness had been cut up.
the kid that had it put a V8 in her, then it blow up, so it was sold and i took the Enigne out of my Sc and placed it in the new body. so he had placed a V8 harness in there.

Next The Interior lights do not work, all bulbs and fuess are good. and last the wirpers do not work.

Please help.

Ps sorry about the wording in the post ive been up for 27 hours, and spent 19 working on the SC,

Matt

Why don't you use the harness from the car that you go the SC engine out of? Are you sure there is enough fuel in the tank? Is the fuel guage working right? Mine did that and I was out of fuel, add 5 gallons and try again. You may have fuel at the rail with the key off, but do you have pressure with the key on? Good luck

vancouverBC said:
Why don't you use the harness from the car that you go the SC engine out of? Are you sure there is enough fuel in the tank? Is the fuel guage working right? Mine did that and I was out of fuel, add 5 gallons and try again. You may have fuel at the rail with the key off, but do you have pressure with the key on? Good luck

The wiring harness on the car that gave up the sc engine, was messed up. There is enough fuel pressure going to the engine, there is a full tank of gas. I found a new wiring harness, at a junkyard near here. I'll put it on later today and let you know what happens. Thanks.

I forgot to mention that if you have large air leaks, the engine will start for a couple of seconds and shut off. So have a closer look at the big spanner nut on the SC top. Its hard to get tight enough without that spanner wrench but I was able to use a cheap StrapWrench to do mine, the manual says 140ft lb of torque. The IC connections as well, I use copper RTV on them and 22ft lb but the key is to get the alignment as square or flat as you can and torque both sides evenly. Good luck

Did you check your inertia switch? If the car has hit a big bump or somebody banged on the rear quarter panels, sometimes it will set off the inertia switch and shut off the fuel pump.
The inertia switch is supposed to shut down the fuel pump in the event of an accident so that the risk of a "thermal event" (fire) is reduced.
If your not familiar with it, it is located in the trunk behind the side trunk trim piece, it is a little black box an inch or two square and it has a little button that sticks out of it. If the button is sticking out, just push it back in to reset it like a circuit breaker or a GFI outlet.

Back