can i get rid of this bracket?

joenintiesc

Putting my engine back together. Can I chuck it- it only holds the lower i/c tube in place and makes it difficult to remove, right?

tube%20bracket.jpg

Yeah, that's part of what helps to support the weight of the IC. Don't ditch that one unless you are dumping the stock IC.

Last edited:
mine is still there but i cant get a bolt in there to hold the ic tube to the bracket. So its basically just sitting there....."holding" up the tube, and not connected to it. I do however have a bolt in the front connection....where the tube attaches to the p/s bracket. I ran the car for a year without either connected and i had no problems. It might just be peice of mind. However if you dont have them...its much easier to take things on and off...which i tend to do A LOT!

I recall that when I did mine, I cut the hole open where the IC tube connects....so that the weight is still supported, but you can just slide the SC tubs right out because of the hole being cut open :)

I chucked mine when I had my tubes off because it's also attached to the bottom of the power steering pump. I figure that the top intercooler tube is mounted in only one spot, so the bottom one should just fine with only one attachment point, right?

I decided to put it back because I have a double I/C, and it is not connected to anything except the i/c tubes, so in my case the support is a good idea...

But I also have a slot cut into the lower i/c mounting tab, so it can just slide in and out of the bracket anyway!

Back