stock throttle body and maf vs bigger

rlong

i know my car rips but it almost feels slower below 3 grand with the 65 mm throttle and the bigger ford maf at normal driving below 2 grand has anyone dyno s proved this ? i hate to put the old ones back on to see if im right . its not really enough i can say for sure

in another post, i believe you said you ported the exhaust side of the heads. i think this has a significant effect on velocity at lower rpms, especially if you make the intake bigger. i was experimenting with the maf and tb a while ago and found that making it larger seems to tune in more power at a certain rpm band- moves it up higher or spreads it out over a wider range. like a 2 1/2 inch intake with stock tb makes the car slightly more torky down low and mids because of increased velocity at lower speeds across the maf (cooling the hot wires a little faster increases fuel and spark timing very slightly), but open the intake up to 3 1/2+ inches and throttle response goes up along with slightly more boost, but tuned in for higher velocity when in the high rpm ranges for emphasis on top end power (less emphasis on low end). In my case, my sc is pretty much stock- no major power mods except for a ported supercharger, but my car pretty much reacts like i described above.
you would probably be better off with the bigger intake and over spinning the supercharger a bit more. get the supercharger ported if you havent done it yet- you will like the sound and you will definitely feel an increase in power especially in the mids and highs.

Last edited:
i did the heads before i did the throttle and maf and the heads really helped it wasnt at all from doing the heads . i was riding around today and its not really slower i guess my real question is does it go into boost sooner because the air is coming in slower but its pretty fast under boost. all in all it does run good enough i can run fairly normal without going into boost if i wanted

Last edited:
if you have lost some velocity because of head porting and opened up everything a little more, you might have pushed the accelerator pedal a little more to get the same response you had before. then this would cause less vacuum during acceleration which would make the bypass open up sooner than before- causing it go into boost sooner. you still gained significant hp, but just changed the initial response dynamics of the throttle. this will make the car feel slower starting out initially, but it really isnt slow- the car is faster like you said.

Back