what exhaust after Magnaflow resonator

turboken

just for fun, i had a muffler shop install 2.5 inch pipe to the resonator, then 3 inch all the way to the back (differential) with no mufflers :cool: . Wow does it sound like a ricer with glasspacks above 3200 rpm. I am either going to put the stock mufflers back on, or go aftermarket. any suggestions?

see signature below, with a 10% pully added

If I were you, I'd add some magnaflow mufflers. On my car I have the SCP downpipes into a dual 2.25" in/ dual 2.25" out magnaflow resonator into 14" magnaflow mufflers. It sounds great, no buzzing at all. Very quiet at idle, and it emits a cool bassy note when cruising. Best of all, the muffler only cost me about $65 a piece on this website: www.exhaustproslinc.com.

I just had mine done the same way yesterday. i like the way it sounds at Idle its not very load and at WOT it has a bassy sound. I got mine done at University Muffler in Norman, Ok for $450. They did a great job and Jerry told me if i had any problems they would take care of it for me.

Dynomax

I have a magnaflow resonator with dynomax super tubro mufflers. It is a tad bit louder than stock. That is the way I like it though. Just so all you hear is blower when you get on it. I replaced the magnaflow mufflers it did have on it with the dynomax. The magnaflows made it sound like a civic with no exhaust when I got on it. Turns out when I took the magnaflows off I could see straight through them. Just my .02

Scott

PS I got mine from Summit WLK-17679 & WLK-17680

I'm running just a Magnaflow resonator with no mufflers and I like the way mine sounds. It could be the difference in mid-pipe size. Mine is 2.5" back, where yours is 3. They come out dual 18x3" SS tips.

-Andy "Melon"

Back