BBK valve covers

suprkoop

Does anyone know if the bolt pattern of a 96 3.8 is the same as a 90 3.8 for the valve covers?BBK makes a nice set but they dont know if they'll fit because they say they are designed for the Mustang and dont want to make any promises.

I think the bolt pattern is the same, but they our higher in places and will not fit with stock plumbing

I am not too concerned with clearance since I am changing stuff anyways.Thanks for the reply.Yeah,I just dont want to buy 200 dollar valve covers not knowing if they fit or not.I am sure that somebody on this site has tried mustang covers and found that they fit-they should being they are both ford 3.8 liter but I was just wondering about rocker clearance and such.

yes they will fit, I have one mustang valve cover on my SC motor and many of the V6 stangs use SC heads.

Thanks for the info guys.I think i'll get em.You may not see too much of them under the hood,but they sure are perdy :D

the mustang valve cover gaskets are different then the Supercoupe valve cover gaskets, you will need mustang gaskets for sure.

I could be wrong but I think they come with some nice gaskets. The problem is that the filler is on the wrong side (and in the way of the IC tubes) and if you move it to the right side it ends up underneath the TB. I think someone said it is still workable but I've never tried it.

those valve covers are sexy :)

whenever i have the top-end of my engine apart im investing in those bad boys. and plumbing all the lines in the engine compartment better. :D

what stock pluming wont work? I heard they will work, I actually called BBK and talked with a tech, and he said they should work and was supposed to call me back but never did... :confused:

Of course they will bolt on, but if you read my post above and look at the pictures you can see what the challenge is going to be. Re-routing "plumbing" may make this work out. ;)

LOL :D Yeah,I have one of those-might need to fire that puppy up :eek: After all,I DO want to see 200 dollar covers

shouldnt be much of anything to change , just buy some new hose (which you probably need anyway) plug and play... :D

By the way, I will let you know how it goes shortly, I am making a order for a set to work with my rebuild.....

I have a set of BBK valve covers I'll sell. They are brand new, never used. I want to buy a Lentech valvebody, so these gotta go. Send me an email if interested....LZ1276@zoominternet.net

Back