1993 SC Hood Mod to 1994 SC?

discipled1

I have a 1994 SC that needs a new hood and front bumper cover. Cervinis' 1993 hood looks good, and I was wondering if anyone out there knows if the 1993 hood would fit along the fender lines, and only need trimming on the hoods beak? As it is, my front bumper cover sustained damage exactly where the front cover meets up to the OE hood, so another option is to remove this section from the front cover and allow the hood to mate up to the front cover. Would like comments of either of these ideas.

Thanks,

Craig

I was wondering if anyone out there knows if the 1993 hood would fit along the fender lines, and only need trimming on the hoods beak?

The width of the early and late model Thunderbird hoods are the same but a 89-93 Cervini's hood needs some cutting and a good amount of glass work to mate up with a 94/5 heads lights/bumper cover. Check out the pic.

Front%20driver%20side%20view.jpg

Here are some construction and finished photos of adapting an 89-93 Cervinis hood to 96-97 lights and 94-59 SC bumper:

SWB218sm.jpg

SWB217sm.jpg

swb004.jpg

swb5scpioh.jpg

It fits fine along the fenders, but the center nose must be sloped a little more to better match the headlights and bumper.

Thanks! It is my car. You can see the body work in primer on the rear quarter in the second picture.

Design Your Own Hood for the '94-'95 SC?

Thanks guys for all the good feedback on the hood mod. Both styles of hoods look great. From what I've read, the fiberglass hood require a lot of work to get them prepped for a good paint job. The modification of the '87-'93 hood is more then I expected. The '94-'95 hood seems to be "too much," in that the scoop sets too high for my tastes. I would like it more if there was just one elevation (eliminating the second elevation and keeping the third). It seems that these are the only two hoods available though. Another option would be to find some scoops to mount to a stock hood, but I haven't found any that work with the lines of the Thunderbird. Perhaps some drawings of what everybody would like in the way of a ram air hood for the '94-'95 SC, would inspire somebody out there to make it reality?

discipled1

1994 SC No mods yet.

I'm sorry if I'm not very good at this, as I'm a newbie to forums and I don't talk much in real life unless it's something I'm really interested in. So, I appolgize in advance for any errors in my usage of the forum.

I made a drawing ontop of a pic I found on the net at a parts site of a draft hood styling for the '94-'95 SC. Would like to get everybody's thoughts on it... Thanks.

discipled1

1994 SC No mods yet.

Attachments

• Draft Hood '94 T-Bird SC Large.jpg
    Draft Hood '94 T-Bird SC Large.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 265
Back