Clearance for Alternator Underdrive

SCaddict

Does anyone have a close up picture of an underdrive pulley installed on the alternator with a stock intercooler and stock intercooler tubes? I am looking to see how much clearance there is between them.

I had to grind a little off part of the flange on the IC tube for clearance too.

shreaded.jpg

David

David,

That belt is wasted!!! How fast were you running the blower when that happened? Do you have to remove the tube or just grind it and then put on the pulley?

Marty,

I was only overdriving the supercharger about 13% that day but that's not why the belt failed. Chris Wise damaged the belt on a water pump stud at the track because his tensioner pulley bearing was sticking. Since he was trying to beat Demmit's record I gave him the 10 rib belt off my car and tried making a pass on his damaged belt. As you can see, the belt didn't hold up very well and shredded my hood liner and a couple hoses. But it still ran a 13.3 and Chris did beat Jim that day, so it wasn't all bad.

No I didn't have to remove the upper IC tube, just the two nuts and slide the flange back out of the way a little. It wasn't rubbing, I just thought it need a little more clerance, so I ground the edge closest to the pulley down about 1/16".

David

Back