shift light?

That's going to depend upon your engine and what mods you have especially the cam. I set mine at 5400 to give me consistent 13.1-.4's depending on the temp but I'm moded quite a bit. If you're only lightly moded you might want to keep it around 4800-5000. I found when dialing mine in at the dragstrip that every 100 rpm was worth about .1 sec or so.

sorry, its a 5spd, and the only mods i have are an SCP intake and a crappy exaust job (and if you even want to count the removed air silencer as a mod, i got that too :) ) i have more mods planned for the summer. is it hard to change when the light flashes? thanks

I've got the one with the dial on the back of it and I started at 4500 and worked my way up. Never trust the graduations on a Chinese made dial. My pointer is on the downside of the 5000 mark but my shift rpm is just right at 5400. Some of the shift lights have little modules or 'pills' as one of them is called. The dial type are cheaper and both Summit and Jeg's have them, $35-$50. I wired mine to the VMM plug since all the signals you need are right there and it's really easy to get to. You should probably shift at about 48-4900 at this point. Go to the dragstrip on a night when you can run as often as you want and try out different shift points and see what e.t.'s you get at each point.

Hey Mike...i have that same shift light. I;ve had it for about a year now. Does your light flicker at low rpm's from time to time? Mine flickers sometimes at idle. I've gone through two shift lights and they do the same thing. I"ve also used tach adapters for DIS and it did the same thing. Have you had any problems? I'm guessing that its just our ignition systems....or maybe just my car.

No, I haven't had that problem. You know how it flickers when you turn the key to start the engine? Sometimes mine stays on and I have to shut the engine off and recrank it. I have mine idled way up, 1500-2000 so your flickering may only show up at the normal idle speed. I'm still learning to trust mine but it seems to be consistent. I think it's helping my e/t consistency, too. My only other problem is that I've got it sticky velcroed to the dash and in the heat the glue liquifies and it slides off to the side ever so slowly.

ya its weird mike cause anything over 1000 rpm's is doesn't flicker at all... just as low speed idles. I wasn't sure how accurate it is. When i got both of mine when the dial was at 3k...the light went on at 2k....and when it was at 5 k it went on at 3500. I moved the knob so it reads kinda right, but 5500 on the dial comes on at 5k....which is fine with thss cam caus it only makes power to 4600 anyways. I'll prob. sell it and get an autometer pro shift light, to get rid of the flickering.

Back