window doesnt work any more

slipcoupe

i was just driving and went to put my window up (power) and the glass started to go up crooked, so i put it back straight then rolled it all the way up and now its stuck. the motor moves freely but not the glass. im assuming it came off the track. how would i go about fixing this? thanks - mike

Not to HiJack this thread but . . . . . . .

. . . . I have the exact same problem, only MY window is DOWN and I can't hear the motor spin, so I suspect the problem might be in the wiring or connections. I have read all the posts on fixing windows, but have a MAJOR question. WHERE the heck is the MOTOR, and HOW do you get it out?? Most of the guys say they can fix a window in about an HOUR . . . geeze, it took me THAT long to get the door panel off! Weird thing is, the pas window works fine. Here is my door now, what do I do next? :confused: :(

Window's not working

Ok i dont have any pics of this but listen carefully.

Take the window motor out of the car. There is a access panel on the motor, take it off. Inside there will probably be like a light blue plastic half moon shape piece. If your motor is running but no movement from the window that plastic piece probably broke. If it did break dont worry you dont have to buy a new motor, all you have to do is, take a Nut and cut it in half to stick in where the plastic piece was. you may have to cut a few differ sizes to find the right one that is snug. This plastic piece was just for safety measures from ford, so if a kid got his head stuck in the window the plastic would break before it took the kids head off. now with the Nut in there be sure not to get your fingers or head stuck. or you might loose them.

hope this helps you!
good luck

sorry how to get to the motor is to go through the speaker hole with one hand and arm and loosen the nut holding the motor on. the motor has teeth to match up with the big wheel in side so that is a bitch to get to match up when you put it back so mark it when you take it off.

Attachments

• window.JPG
    window.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 85
RandenSC said:
sorry how to get to the motor is to go through the speaker hole with one hand and arm and loosen the nut holding the motor on. the motor has teeth to match up with the big wheel in side so that is a bitch to get to match up when you put it back so mark it when you take it off.
That's correct. Something to know though is this: if the sprocket doesn't line up just right allowing you to reinstall the screws, plug it in and tap the motor switch a few times in either direction.

Thank you VERY much !!

Is there a SHOP Manual that tells you this stuff? I browsed thru a Haynes at Autozone, and it didn't seem very detailed. This will be my weekend project!! Thanks again! :D

Back