no cats

cejay825

I have a question. I have an 89 sc ,I live in a city that does not require emissions test, how will my car operate if it is totally stock and I remove the cats?? Will it mess with the computer,e.g.r.,,will the check engine lite stay on? I'm trying to find out if anything crazy will happen.

Thanks for the help

<---gutted cats and everything is peachy.how i did mine i took cutting wheel,opened them,screw driver and broke it all up,then dump all the crap out then welded back up.can't hardly tell unless your looking for it.looks like cats still there

The car will run fine but unless you have no sense of smell the exhaust will stink big time.Im going to put cats back on my car.

101 things to do with a dead cat

When I had my magnaflow resinator installed, I had the cats removed, by a old school experienced shop. With flowmasters, I went from peaking boost to 9 with SERIOUS seat of the pants improvement. Installed a 3/4 top and WOW. Now with 10% pulley on my 90 SC I still only get 13-14 boost,,,,improvement UNBELIEVEABLE and,,,with 180,000 miles and still counting. Rear Michlins don't seem to meet expected milage,,,go figgure?

Back