short shifter

ben04

couple questions.

1. is there a difference between the B&M short throw shifter for our SC's and the one available on supercoupeperformance.com???

2. who has driven/owns one? is it a good move?

im thinking of purchasing one in the near future, just got my tax rebate :D

One and the same, B&M is the only company that makes an aftermarket shifter for our cars.

If you purchase one, there is a guy selling his on the parts for sale forum for like $110+shipping, states only been used a little. He said he didn't like the feel of it.

yea, see i was wondering beacuse i didnt' liek the feel of the 5.0L stang B&M my buddy has......1st and 2nd were striahgt up and down rpetty much from the middle neutral position.....wasn't used to that

i was wondering if it was differnet for ours? i've herad a short shifter makes mroe precise shifts and defined feel in gears :rolleyes:

ya that was me.....i';m not sure if i want to sell it. They are hard to come for a cheap price, and i'm getting used to it. To be honest with you...i rebuilt my stock shifter and the B&M is barely any shorter. The shifts feel more percise, and its got a spring inside the shifter as well as in the tranny to make shifting from 2nd to 3rd super easy, as well as not going into 5th by accident. Its ok...but i'd settle for a stock one as well. Give me a few weeks and i'll make up my mind on this.

Back