How can people own an SC and TORTURE it?

93SuperCoupeBoy

Yesterday evening (Friday) I met with a fellow SCer here in Kansas. He brought along a friend that also had an SC. His SC was in good condition, except for some accident damage that he's getting fixed. His friends on the other hand....OMG...I can bearly stand it :mad: :confused: :eek: :( !!!

I just don't understand how a 16 year old in high school (me) can take better care of a car than someone in college and older and "more responsible" than me. But...i'll start the list of torture this car has seen...i feel sorry for it.

1993 Midnight Blue 5-speed SC has seen:
*5-7 collisions
*3 front bumpers (this one is now RIVETED on!!!, and it's the one w/ the SC in it...so it's ruined for everyone now :( )
*new hood and that's already bent somehow
*headlights replaced w/ collision i guess and headlight panel
*halfshaft broke...it gets better....so he CONTINUED TO DRIVE IT w/ the one wheel left!!!!!! that can't be good on the trac loc at all?!?!?!
*somehow a rear brake or something locked up and he set the wheel on FIRE!!!!
*got a paint job...and the only panels left with that are the roof and the passenger side door
*runs 87 octane regularly

I just....wanna steal the car and give him a honda or something that deserves to be beaten on a regular basis. He'd probably save more money not having to fix such a high maintenace car so often too.

Anyways....just venting frusturation, and how people take such bad care of good things. This guy also said "it's just a car"....i'm like...i know people with worse cars than an SC for SURE but still take better care!

Nick

Last edited:
I suspect that alcohol is related to all the collisions. In fact it's almost guaranteed, they're not called whisky-dents for nothing.

Also when somebody says "Why get worked up? it's just..." it means they have no respect for you or your property either. I mean all that collision damage didn't happen on it's own, somebody else's property was involved too. Mark my words, someday this fool is going to damage something of yours and he will neither care nor feel bad about having done so.

Back