A/c ??????

thumpjimmy

Which port is the low pressure port on the A/C system?

I replaced the compressor and tried charging the system. Comperssor started to kick on and off but system would not take the refrigerant in. After a few minutes when the compressor would come on the car almost stalled any ideas?

Did you pull a vaccuum first before trying to charge the system? The suction port is the one just in front of the accumulator (aka drier) which is the black canister in front of the firewall. Thats where you attach the charging hose.

its sounds like you have to much pressure in the system
if you dont know the exact process--just pay to have it recharged
they will put the vacuum on it and charge it properly
its not that expensive
i replaced my ac pump myself and the ford dealer did the charge

The a/c system seemed to be running on the can of refrigerant at 25psi. Which vacuum line would I disconnect to get the system to accept the refrigerant? Thanks for the help.

Let me ask again. Did you pull a vaccuum on the system before attempting to charge it?

Which refrigerant are you using (r12 or r134a)?

Also, did you do any other work besides swapping out the compressor such as installing a new drier, new liquid line/Otube, new condenser, new Orings?

Did you add any oil? If so, what type? and last but not least, did the old compressor sieze up? If so and you didn't replace the liquid line and condenser, you may have restrictions which could cause problems.

TbirdSCFan said:
Let me ask again. Did you pull a vaccuum on the system before attempting to charge it?

Which refrigerant are you using (r12 or r134a)?

Also, did you do any other work besides swapping out the compressor such as installing a new drier, new liquid line/Otube, new condenser, new Orings?

Did you add any oil? If so, what type? and last but not least, did the old compressor sieze up? If so and you didn't replace the liquid line and condenser, you may have restrictions which could cause problems.

No I did not pull any vacuum line. The only part I replaced was the compressor. I used r134a with oil and leak sealer(retro fit kit). The old compressor did not engaged the clutch, do not know if that means it was siezed or not.

I wasn't referring to a line. Usually, you hook up a vaccum pump whenever the system is open. It hooks to the suction port and you let it run for a long time to pull the air and moisture out. This leaves the system with a suction.

If you didn't replace the drier, and didn't do any of that stuff, its going to be hard to get a good working A/C. The leak sealer may have hosed your compressor.

Here's a site which has a ton of info on A/C and black death compressor failures. http://www.ackits.com/
I'd suggest you go read up and see if they can assist you. I think you're going to end up doing a lot of work and have to spend some cash to get it going... maybe even a new compressor again.

if it wont take freon try cooling the condenser in front of the radiator with a garden hose spray it and cool it off and put the freon in a pan of warm water if that doesnt work the smallest of the 2 a/c hoses has a screen in it its clogged replace the hose

Last edited:
Back