questions on sc pulleys

ZOOMBUGGY3

i have someone trying to sell me a sc pulley .he claims that it is a 10% pulley.i was woundering if someone can tell me the diameter of the 10% pulley and the 5% pulley. and another question is with the exhaust mods that i have do you guys think it will be safe to run the 10% pulley.

I have a 10% OD pulley on my '90. It is a March pulley and the diameter of it from top of the belt groves is 2.862" or 2 7/8". The stock one measured 3.165" or 3 1/8". I hope this is what you need.

bigg_boyys_SC said:
I have a 10% OD pulley on my '90. It is a March pulley and the diameter of it from top of the belt groves is 2.862" or 2 7/8". The stock one measured 3.165" or 3 1/8". I hope this is what you need.

thanks that is what i wanted to know. do you think with my exaust i will be ok to use the 10% pulley.just look at my mods listed below to see whats done to my exhaust

I think that their are four sizes of pullies.....stock 89/93, stock 94/95, 5%OD, And 10%OD
stock size from 89/93 on a 94/95 = 5% OD
5% OD from an 89/93 on a 94/95 = 10% OD
10% OD from an 89/93 on a 94/95 =15% OD
the stock pulley from a 94/95 on a 89/93 = 5%UD
I could be wrong, but this is my understanding from reading posts from here and TBSCCOA. Becareful what pulley you use on the 94/95 blowers.

I don't have as big of an exhaust as you, but I didn't have any trouble with my head gaskets or any thing else from the pulley. My gaskets rotted out from rust. I lost some low end torque when I did my exhaust, the pulley put it back and added quite a bit on the big end also. If you have any trouble with belt slip, I think Gates makes a slightly smaller that will help and you could also get a larger idler pulley from a Saleen Ponie with a super charger.

bigg_boyys_SC said:
I don't have as big of an exhaust as you, but I didn't have any trouble with my head gaskets or any thing else from the pulley. My gaskets rotted out from rust. I lost some low end torque when I did my exhaust, the pulley put it back and added quite a bit on the big end also. If you have any trouble with belt slip, I think Gates makes a slightly smaller that will help and you could also get a larger idler pulley from a Saleen Ponie with a super charger.

ok so my exhaust is big enough for the 10% pulley.

Back