upsize injectors

cejay825

I have all stock 89 sc my injectors are leaking and need changing. what else would I need to do, if I go from 30# up to 36#. Also wheres a good place to buy injectors

When you change the injectors, you also have to change the MAFS to compensate and allow the computer to maintain the correct air/fuel ratios.

let me ask you something David, being a newbie I just replaced my fuel pump w/an over the counter advance auto brand, what lph do I have now? I have 4 injectors putting gas in my crank case everynight, long starts during the day, and high revs when it starts. It thins my oil out so much my pressure is starting to run low. what ever the remedy is must be done quick! Every thing else is 200miles on rebuild.

I believe the stock replacement pump is about 110 lph. If you just replaced the pump, I would suggest just getting another set of the stock 30# injectors. They provide enough fuel for about 300 HP.

Lots of people on this site who have installed larger injectors have good used ones they will sell fairly cheap. Just post something in the classified section.

David

Back