check engine came on toady

maxim123

my car started running cleaner but lacking topend (3500+) power after i changed to cooling temp sensor yesterday. Today i drove to work 60 miles round trip, and after about 20 mile into to ride home the check engine light came on for a few munites and then went off. pulled codes when i got home KOEO 52, 52. KOER codes71, 53, and maybe an 8 and 73. (its hard to tell with blinking light scanner.)

One of those was a power steering code and another was a TPS (Throttle position sensor) code... During the KOER test, you're supposed to press the brake pedal, turn the steering wheel, and (after the lite tells you to) goose the throttle. So some of those codes won't matter if you didn't do those things.

However, the memory code looked like another TPS related code. Check around the throttle body for loose connections. You might try pulling the codes again as it takes a couple of tries to get used to the pattern.

I, for example, use the CE light and a paper clip (no code scanner), but I have to watch the light for the sequence, count and time the flashes, and write it down.. when I take my eyes off the light to write the code down, I'm not sure if I missed a flash somewhere, so I usually have to do the test 2 or 3 times to be sure I got it.

Back