My Mazda is finally fixed, *RANT*

V6Sprout

Well not sure if anyone remembers but I have been having problems with my Mazda Dealership in town(St. Catharines Mazda, Bunting Rd, St. Catharines), they are the only dealership for about 60 miles/100km's so they pretty much say what they want about my cr and hope I believe it. I mean its a 1 hour drive to the next dealership so where else am I gonna go, its a leased car.

Well I have been complaining for MONTHS (got a receipt that is dated Aug 2003) about the front end noise I have been having, its hoirrible. First they say my front rim is severly bent adn a rear rim is slightly bent. The receipt also says POSSIBLE WHEEL BEARING or PS RACK damage. But htey don't fix it, noice persits, now I get grinding noise. This occurs when I am in DRIVE but applying the brakes, when I steer tot he left or right i hear horrible grinding, take it in again only for them to tell me ITS NORMAL they tested a new car and it does the same thing, again say rims are bent. The state on the invoice they put the car on the hoist adn put the car in gear and the rim wobbles, thus the rim must be bent, hahaha real professional. They een tell us they coudln't get the tire to balacne on the rim they said they tried but they lied, they couldn't have even tried. Reasons below.

Anyways, everytime I take the car in it comes out with more problems it seems, literally. Anyways I have some minor curb rash on two rims and since they said 2 were bent I go out and buy 4 used rims off the net, local pickup, rims were perfect. Since its leased I know when I returnt he car the 2 rims with curb rash will hinder the value and they will make me replace them anyways so no biggy, I can sell the rims later. I don't understand how one rim can be SEVERLY bent when it drive smooth other then the grinding noise which is getting progressively worse while driving now.

So now I go have the tires swapped over to the new rims, I have them check the old rims and tires for any wobbles OFF the car, the rims were fine as I suspected, not bent at all thus why I know they never did try to balance the tire and rim like they said, besides I had the tires JUST installed maybe a few thousand miles before this all started.

So today I booked an appointment at a dealership 60 miles away, (Mountain Mazda on Upper James St. in Hamilton) 1 hour drive there. Drove by your house Sean, nice truck in the driveway, is that yours? I think htat was your house at least, we went down 20 Rd all the way to the Dealreship. Anyways, right away they tell me NO PROBLEM, we hope to live up to your expectations, this after I told them the trouble my dealership gave me. Everytime I went into my dealership they always were quick to balme me or the HORRIBLE road conditions in town here and I tell you, they are not bad at all. The new desalership was quick to try adn find the problem. A few minutes pass by and the lady comes back out and has a concerned look on her face, "You had better take a look at this" she says. I follow her to the shop to talk to the mechanic. She says along the way" You car is VERY UNSAFE to drive, I am SURPRISED you even made it to the dealership!!!!!!!!!" I talk with the mechanic and he shows me the problem, I was right the front wheel bearing was shot, well actually it was so shot it was GONE. Witht he rim still mounted he could move the rim a good ONE INCH back and forth on the spindle!!!!!!!! No wonder it was grinding and tires were wearing unevenly again. DAMN!!!! And I had my sona nd unborn child int he car along with my wife, imagine what would have happened if the tire fell off or something? I tell you Mazda Canada will be getting a letter concerning my local dealership and the possible danger they put my family into. My front stabalizer linkage was shot as well, thus my clunking noise I recently was experiencing as well.

My local dealership also tried telling me I don't take good care of the vehicle cause I don't do regular maintenance on it, haha I have only been in the dealership abotu 20 times since I have had the car, I woudl really like to know what REGULAR maintenance is. Anyways the new dsealership says its all covered under warrenty no probelm and they tke 3 hours to fix it, they drop my wife and I off at the mall and pick us up when its ready, very cool.

So now my car is quiet again, very relived. Now I have to write my letter to Mazda Canada and send along with it all my receipts of the work orders, this place has got to be stopped. I hate this dealership with a passion, always have, I even deliver there on occasion while working, I even hate delivering there, they people are just plain horrible, even the receivers are nasty to you, it really sucks, but being hte only dealership around what can ya do.

All is well now, they didn't even hassle me about my cross drilled rotors at this new dealership, very cool!!!! The dealership actually sells performacne parts in the shop, they had autometer gauges right ther for sale, an EGT gauge of all things on the shelf, hahaha. Needless to say, I will be amking the 1 hour trip to the dealership anytime somethign needs to be done, oil changes I'll just take the car to a quick change place, not hte dealership around here.

Back