PDA

View Full Version : in need of help!!!!!!!!!

sancho20
05-22-2004, 12:49 AM
ive had this car for a year now ,its a 90 with 52,000 miles on it cant figure out the problem with it.when i start it up it shakes really bad rpms jump around between 500 and 900 feels like its gonna die out but right before it dies the rpms jump back up to like 750 or so.the vacuum gague also bounces all around.when i drive it it shakes and feels really bogged down but sometimes when it heats up some it drives fine.when i first got it a changed the plugs and wires ,new fuel pump and filter.tonight i went and tried a new dis ,still no luck,help!!! if anyone has any suggestions on what i should try next it would be greatly appreciated

NR94mtSC
05-22-2004, 12:54 AM
sounds almost like a vacuum leak.... check for a loose, cracked dryrotted vac. hoses..

also check the joints on the intercooler tubes.. these develeop vacume leaks around them

Chris

sancho20
05-22-2004, 12:56 AM
thanks man ill try that tommorrow,any other possibilities???

NR94mtSC
05-22-2004, 01:01 AM
no problem thats what were all here for.. it really sounds like an unmetered air leak. check all the vac hoses like i said and spray some ether around all your ic joints while its running, if it changes the rpm youve got a vac leak..

also you might wnana check your maf. if you cant find a vac leak , unplug the maf harness and see if after a few seconds it shapes up

also is the check engine light on or have any trouble codeS?

sancho20
05-22-2004, 01:22 AM
yea the check engine light is on. will a vacuum leak cause a cel ?

bigg_boyys_SC
05-22-2004, 02:08 AM
Check for vacume leaks like he said, sounds like that is where it is at. As far as the light goes, it may be coming from an O2 sensor kicking a lean code. If it is not a vacume leak, I would be willing to bet that it is your IAC (idle air control) this is located on the side of you throttle body. It may be stuck, busted, or just completely not working. This will throw a code also. The best way to go about finding what your problem is to pull the codes first.

NR94mtSC
05-22-2004, 01:48 PM
big boy is right about the lean code but i would shy away from the IAC being the main problem as it really wont affect drivability once the throttle is open.

you need to get the eec scanned and see what codes your throwing and we can go from there

Chris