raced crx

89importeater

For the past four months I've seen this punk teenager driving around our apartment coplex in his crx like it was freakin vette. So the other night when i seen that kid on the road i wanted to put him in his place. So i pull up next to him and roll my windows down. Cruisin at about 55 i stayed next to him for a little while waiting for him to make a move. Sure enough after a few seconds of running next to him he downshifts. I as a returned with a fifth to third of my own a mashed the gas and watched my boost shoot up to about 13 psi. Press back in my seat i began pulling on him and when he shifts to fourth i just pulled away and kept pullin. When he let off (not gonna say how fast i was goin) i was about 3 car length ahead. He pulls up next to me at the nest stoplight and rolls down his window. "what the he!! does that thing have in it?" he ask me. When i responded with a 3.8 he look stupified. i just laughed and cruised out. Any body else had similar encounters?

Another import eaten

Mike

Good one mike, I love to hear it when some cockie little b**** gets put in there place. Just keep it safe. I have had guys almost slide into me with wrong wheel drive :eek:

good kill but youd better watch out for those little crxs. i had one with gears,limited slip, and bolt ons. it would hold its own. definitley not as quick as an sc but it could keep up. an engine swap in one of those or forced induction and youll see crx taillights.

darkstar_one said:
anything with a HONDA logo isnt worth wasting gas over, but its sure is nice to put them in their place.

Honda S2000's generally run low 14's stock at close to 100mph, that's quicker then your SC. Also, saying "anything with a HONDA logo" is pretty ignorant, there are some 10 second(1/4 mile) turbocharged Hondas in my area. Last time I checked, those 10second ones are fast enough to outrun any Thunderbird SC's still retaining a V6 engine.

o que la chingada, i ment it as damn street racing u damn fool, u dont find s2000's on the street, and if u do its some old man, damn man, i dont care about imports, not my style, nobody around here has turbocharged honda's, thats why i say, anything with a HONDA logo isnt worth wasting gas.

Attachments

• stfu.jpg
    stfu.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 247
darkstar_one said:
o que la chingada, i ment it as damn street racing u damn fool, u dont find s2000's on the street, and if u do its some old man, damn man, i dont care about imports, not my style, nobody around here has turbocharged honda's, thats why i say, anything with a HONDA logo isnt worth wasting gas.

Did I strike a nerve? Ignorance and immaturity rolled into one post. :rolleyes: Just for the record, S2000's are pretty abundant in my area, as well as other Hondas. The new Accords w/ 240hp will have no problem with stock/mildy modded SC's as well. I wasn't stating anything to "flame" you, I simply added some input and was trying to be informative.

yeah man, i rather have HORSEPOWER and massive TORQUE being sent to the REAR wheels, feel that AMERICAN MUSCLE baby. Sounds like your going soft on us man.

mfewtrail said:
Also, saying "anything with a HONDA logo" is pretty ignorant, there are some 10 second(1/4 mile) turbocharged Hondas in my area. Last time I checked, those 10second ones are fast enough to outrun any Thunderbird SC's still retaining a V6 engine.

I concur-
my roomate did a turbo project on his 95 civic and it was quick. also another kid did a junkyard turbo on his teg (under 1500 total invested) and ran consistent high 12s with a best being 12.80. dont get me wrong i much prefer my 300+ft/lbs of torque @2500rpm, but you have to give credit where credit's due and a fast car is a fast car whether it's domestic or import.
-i dont want to deter the original reason for this thread and i will not get into a domestic vs import war because it's not worth it. you can make any car fast; it just depends how much you want to spend and what car you want to start with.

To add to the original post, there's a kid with a riced out neon that think's it's bad chit. Last fall right before i put the bird away we finally got to line up at a stop light on the way to work. He revved a few times while i just stared at him with a big grin on my face. Upon the light turning green I devasted him (surprise right :rolleyes: ) i shut down at 70 with about 15 car lenghts on him. At the next light he had the most surprised look on his face :p

anything with a HONDA logo isnt worth wasting gas over,
I think you guys are taking his statement too serious. I think everyone knows there are cars of every make that can beat the fastest SCs, but every time someone says "chevys suck" it doesn't mean we need a list of all the chevys faster than an SC.

It all comes down to how much money you want to spend or how bad of gas mileage you want to get. Believe it or not most turbo cars get worse gas mileage than V8's with exception to big SUV's. Newer Camaro's get 20 MPG as do Vette's WRX's get 18-19 stock. That's what suprises me.

darkstar_one said:
anything with a HONDA logo isnt worth wasting gas over, but its sure is nice to put them in their place.
My buddy has a GSR powered 93 hatch that would make you think differently. It runs 13s. Next year we're bolting a turbo onto it :eek:

yep, so his runs off of a GSR engine, let me bolt on a SVT COBRA ENGINE on my SC and i will make everyone think different. Of course its gonna run faster with a newer model engine, pretty obvious.

SCollord90 said:
It all comes down to how much money you want to spend or how bad of gas mileage you want to get. Believe it or not most turbo cars get worse gas mileage than V8's with exception to big SUV's. Newer Camaro's get 20 MPG as do Vette's WRX's get 18-19 stock. That's what suprises me.

my roomate gets 20-25 mpg with his mid/low 13 sec gsx, and yes, he's on it ALL of the time. I'm lucky if i see that after removing my blower belt.
This import vs domestic argument is one that will never be won. Either your closed minded and like one or the other, or your open minded and like both.

just make an SC weight as much as an import. those turbo cars only make 240 to 260 HP they just weight nothing. or add a car full of cement bags to the turbo ricer and see how it does. and the 9 second turbo hondas that one guy was talkin about are drag cars with fully built engine turbo the size of the engine and a car full of nitrous. ive never seen any honda that wasnt a drag car run under a 13 and still have all of its interior.

yeah david or daivz is right, ive seen this guy race his CRX for 500 bucks but the CRX only has a bucket seat and the steering wheel and a tach, now imagine making a 2 ton car run a quarter mile in 9 seconds, now thats something. cant wait till im out of legal troubles and dump outrageous money in my SC.

Rice

Guess I need to put in my 2 cents on this also. You let me have the weight advantage the shoeboxes with Honda logos or whatever rice burning lightweight has and I will hand them their ***. I do appreciate anyone working on cars and enjoying the racing. But dont bash someone that gets 4100 pounds of car down the track at 11 seconds and knocking on the 10 second door. just think of the 100 pounds knocking off a tenth. Let the SC weigh in at 2500 pounds. I think that turns into 1.6 seconds. Now do the math.......... Like I said I have no problem with the import, at least they are racing and having fun like we are...

darkstar_one said:
yeah david or daivz is right, ive seen this guy race his CRX for 500 bucks but the CRX only has a bucket seat and the steering wheel and a tach, now imagine making a 2 ton car run a quarter mile in 9 seconds, now thats something. cant wait till im out of legal troubles and dump outrageous money in my SC.

Back