This gto setup is impressive

mannysc

man im very impressed looks like a winner . wish i had a setup like this.

Attachments

• 130891339WjwESR_ph.jpg
    130891339WjwESR_ph.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 328
If that isn't another photoshop, then goddam, thats badazz. In the newest mm&ff, the mach 1 stang went against the gto, and the concensus was that it would all come down to the driver. Looks like they're ready to go snake huntin. Any HP/TQ #'s on that?

Well the Supercharger offered for the Australian Holden Monero retails for 10,000 dollars. So hopefully they will be cheaper for our version the GTO.

The magnacharger on the Corvette makes an extra 170 HP or so on a conservitave tune. So the GTO should be the same.

I think you guys missed the sarcasm. Compare the two pics. I think Manny already HAS a setup like that. :eek:

Maybe it was sarcasm, or maybe he would like the intake to be forward and be a straight shot right down the middle. You would have access to both valve covers. That is a very clean setup.

Jerry

Kiddin, yeah, but, if GM did do a blown V8, then the cobra would have some competition. If ya figure, the Z06, is about .2-.5 sec slower than the 03-04 cobra, then add a blower, and kapow. Even though the Z06 engine has 50 more horse, a standard ls1 with a blower would still be respectable, nonetheless. Then again, I do plan on eatin up some ls1's in pearl. hehe. :p

Lets get back to reality..

The GTO costs what I consider much more then the Mach1 (Same performance for more ok)

The GTO with a Charger would cost more then the Vette...And alot more then the cobra...

I guess someone would buy it

How often have you ever seen an unmodified SC Cobra beating the 405HP ZO6 corvette, in a straight line or on a road course?

i would assume that the race would be real close i guess, i figure that the z06 and 03 svt are relatively the same and a blown reardrive gto with a 6 speed would take an 03 cobra, just an assumption correct me if im wrong

Actually with good drivers both cars (the zo6 and 03 Cobra ) are real close in the 1/4..Its a drivers race....

D0 you consider autocrossing a race track?...Regardless I havnt seen many stock tired cars autocrossing (unless there AWD)

Then of course....What is the price difference there?

Now the 03 Cobra and GTO are closer in price...Of course teh 03 Cobra hands teh GTO its arse..

Now an 03 Cobra vrs a GTO with a blower.....COst wise of course..Umm err..And if it wa s a factory packaged SC I dont think the GTO would be any faster..

Of course we are talking stock cars here right:O)

man, that supercharger set up looks great....but the pulley seems funny..with that long rod and stuff. I think the only other supercharged car that I saw with that long rod was a SHO. Anywho, are those the actual valve covers or are they like plastic dress up thingies? They look a bit too plastic-y to me.

That is a pretty set up but the valve covers do look like some kind of cheap powder coating or something :rolleyes:

Although the ls1 is classic architecture, it has modern technology and is by no means old or out of date. It was Wards most advance motor of the year in 1998. Makes great horse power, a lot of torque, weighs less, is easier to work on, takes up less room, and gets 28-30mpg. If they wanted a DOHC motor they would have made one. I will stay with nice pushrod technology, Steve Saleen thought it was better to have a cam in block design and not overhead cams for his 400,000 dollar supercar. So don't be so fast to criticize a motor just because it isn't DOHC or OHC it really means nothing.

1BADSC said:
How often have you ever seen an unmodified SC Cobra beating the 405HP ZO6 corvette, in a straight line or on a road course?
Up here in New Mexico I see it EVERY time I go to the track. Of course, I'm at 5200-5800 ft. in elevation depending on what part of the city you are at. When talking racing you must consider some other variables.

1BADSC said:
Although the ls1 is classic architecture, it has modern technology and is by no means old or out of date. It was Wards most advance motor of the year in 1998. Makes great horse power, a lot of torque, weighs less, is easier to work on, takes up less room, and gets 28-30mpg. If they wanted a DOHC motor they would have made one. I will stay with nice pushrod technology, Steve Saleen thought it was better to have a cam in block design and not overhead cams for his 400,000 dollar supercar. So don't be so fast to criticize a motor just because it isn't DOHC or OHC it really means nothing.

03 Cobra's, Mach 1's, and Stang GT's=281 cubic inches. That means something. I will always love pushrod engines but you have to bow out sometimes. If you want to compare N/A Mustangs to Corvettes 1BADSC, why don't you compare the Z06 to the Cobra R. They are more closely equipped. I think the Cobra R would still kill GM's beloved Vette, and save you some money as well. :eek: :D

Back