fuel injectors won't fire

thunderbird89sc

:confused: we recently did an engine swap in an 89 supercoupe. replaced fuel pump, changed relays and had to change wiring harness. we have power but no signal from computer to fuel injectors. car will run for few seconds when sprayed with starting fluid. it is possible we have fried the computer. any help would be greatly appreciated since this has been going on for several weeks now and cannot seem to locate cause of trouble.

i think there is a ground wire to the back of the driver side head make sure its hooked and check your fuses again and make sure you can hear fuel pump sounds like it could be the computer i think it has 3 power wires make sure they all have power that integrated relay box out near the radiator may send power to the computer check the wiring diagrams

thunderbird89sc said:
:confused: we recently did an engine swap in an 89 supercoupe. replaced fuel pump, changed relays and had to change wiring harness. we have power but no signal from computer to fuel injectors.

If you are getting no pulse indication from the injectors then YES you have electrical issues getting power to your injectors. I would take a close look at the whole harness and check and recheck everything you have done.

Grounds...There are no grounds that I know of on the heads since the heads are Aluminum. There are however a ground at the Motormount. One that is missed in on the passengers side. I dunno if this would give you the given results or not. Regartdless I would look at any and all elec. harness connections twice and start chasing wires for power.

And do yourself a favor and leave the starting fluid for the lawnmower... ;)

Brad

Back