heads!!!

89importeater

Hey guys,

Last night I was racing my friends 5.0. I pushed my sc a little harder then I should have and now my motor is ticking. I didn't notice a change in performance but I was babying it after i heard the ticking. Anyone know what this might be? I'm thinking about getting some used heads and rebuilding them. Cant have my car down for long since it is my daily driver. Was wondering if all 3.8 heads are the same or do i have to get heads from a sc. Any help that yall can give me will be aprreciated.

Mike

89 sc 165,000 5-speed ,stock engine

all 3.8 heads arent the same, some came with cast, not sure about the mustang heads, i beleive they came with alumminum.

as for the ticking noise...try pulling plugs first, or it could be a lifter, or it could be internal, probably a spark plug i would assume.

After you change the oil try this stuff called X-1R I used it on a noisey lifter and it worked great!

The SC heads are definitely different. You can tell them from the non-SC heads by the "SC" cast into the corner of the head on top. I would look for the ticking lifter first. Ticking lifters sound funny but I have never noticed any other effect.

A rocker bolt sould have backed out as well. Check it soon.

BTW, ALL 3.8 Ford heads are aluminum.

Jeff

Back