Supercharger Parts

S

Smoothie

Greetings from the sunny Palm Springs area!

I am considerting a '90 with 94K miles. It needs nothing...but I would appreciate your help.

How available are supercharger parts NOW and how available are they going to be if I keep the car for 10 years or more?

Will the '93 and later supercharger (coated) bolt onto a '90? If so, what other mods will I have to make? Alternatively, would it be a lot easier to gain the additional efficiency/HP by looking for a '93 or later SC?

Are '93 and later SCs more reliable (engine and related electrical) than the '90 model?

Thanks for your input!

Smoothie

Parts for the superchargers seem to be surprisingly available. The rebuilder for the factory is magnusson superchargers (or something like that) in Ventura CA. You can call area code 805 information for their number (maybe they are called Magnusson products?). They seem to have everything you need. They charged me $850 to rebuild mine. also check out supercoupeperformance.com.
As far as the questions about the later SCs, I do not know. In fact, I do not know if the later SCs put out mare HP.

ref: supercharger

I Have An 89 Sc. Bought It With The Front Seal Leaking. I Sent It To Pse Superchargers In California. I Found Them On The Net. You Can Send Them Yours To Rebuild Or Buy A Rebuild If They Have A Core On Hand. It Cost Me About $450.00 For Mine, More If You Want Them To Port It. They Warranty It, And I Had Very Good Service. Very Professional.

Only the 94-95 blower had the epoxy coated rotors. You would need to change the inlet plentum to the 94-95 or get the magnum powers aftermarket one. With any of these cars if properly taken care of and in good condition, that would be the decideing factor for me.

Back