thanks

hytorksc

I know i'm posting this in the wrong forum, but i wanted to get the attention of the guys (and ladies) with the knowledge.
I just wanted to say that the people that place their expertise on this board are amazing. I consider myself as having a good level of mechanical knowledge, but i have to give it to the guys here at sccoa. I bought my SC about 3 years ago, and i'm sure that if i didn't have access to this board, the car probably would have been heading for the junk yard by now. You guys have helped me save alot of time and money on your incredible insight of the SC. We all may have vast differences in living philosophies and morals, but the people on this board truly represent the REAL engineers and innovators of our time. Anytime you can take a car that was not really designed for all out speed, which has ALOT of engineering quirks and no-no's, and fabricate/redesign/re-engineer critical parts to make it into what it was supposed to be in the first place is an awesome achievement in itself. We get beat down and disrespected by enthusiast with other sports cars and manurfacture loyalties, but they have no idea how deep you are in the knowledge of the SC mechanicals. Anybody can take a wad of money and buy a ready made supercar, but to me that's no real accomplishment- very flashy, but a bit phony to me if you think this is enough for bragging rights. They never had to deal with intense engineering issues of their cars like we have and it's easier for them because most of the work has already been done for them. And they pat themselves on their backs for their ingenuity which is limited to just bolt ons and engine build ups. But for us, it's like we have to completely redesign or fabricate the SC mechanical components, do engine internals, and add bolt ons to make it extremely fast. This is the year where engineering innovations for the SC have taken off like never before- whipple's and turbo's, inverted blowers, ported blowers, intake manifolds... haven't seen this level of development and enthusiasm for any other car out there. We could be on the advent of creating the ultimate combo street machine that does everything well. Keep working out the bugs and quirks... if i had the money and the time i'd be right there doing r&d with you!

Randell-

Last edited:
You hit the nail on the head with the R&D part there.. Some of these guys have really gone out on a limb to produce quality aftermarket parts for these cars...and some have lost alot of money in the process without any regrets. People like SCI ,who put R&D in the forefront and it wound up costing more than they could handle yet we all benefited from their sacrifice.....Cheers guys!! ;)

Back