Odds against a Mach 1

Thomas95SC

My manager is going to be racing his Mach 1 Mustang tomarrow night with me and some buddies. Now I know im not going to win obviously but im wondering how bad. I have still have the car mostly stock except for the exhaust. What do you guys think?

With the exhaust I see in your siggy If you get a good launch I bet you do pretty well actually...Your manager may be a bit surprised by that v-6.. ;)

Good luck

It would help..If you've removed the cats or gutted them use AV Gas from your local airport..it's about 104 octane..

He runs about 2 seconds quicker stock in the 1/4 mile. You will get whooped, but at least you aren't telling him you are gonna win. He will probably take you by a couple car lenghts.

sonicman1634 said:
My manager is going to be racing his Mach 1 Mustang tomarrow night with me and some buddies. Now I know im not going to win obviously but im wondering how bad. I have still have the car mostly stock except for the exhaust. What do you guys think?
If you launch well you will have a chance of keeping up to about 45 mph then he will quickly pull on you(if he has a stick)

i love super coupes (obviously, i have one) but those machs arnt playing. if he is a good driver with a stick, low 13s and with a auto mid 13s in good conditions. so i would watch it condsidering you might be in the high 14s. and if it is in fact about 1 3/4 seconds faster than you i would expect to get beat by more than a couple of cars. i was running high 16s in the quarter(v6 stang 5 speed) when i ran a kid with a el camino with a 400 SB in it, he was running low 16s and he beat me by about 4-5 cars.

Well, its just for the fun of it. I already know im not going to win. I just wanted to know what I was up against. Thanks for the feed back. Ill post the results later on.

Well...... he whooped me obviously. At the light, take off was good; kept up. Then, he was instantly pulling very fast. About 35 he passed me. Its cool though. I also raced a 2001 GT from a roll going 25 and i pulled him from the start. He finally caught up but i had at least a car pulled on him for awhile. Oh, both cars were sticks. I had fun though and im not dissapointed in my car either. I think it did well considering it is still mostly stock.

then again u do have a 94 SC AUTO, ur peg leg lacks a lil bit more UMPHH. might wanna put in there that POSI from a 89-93 SC that u might find at the junk yard. i think it will help

darkstar_one said:
then again u do have a 94 SC AUTO, ur peg leg lacks a lil bit more UMPHH. might wanna put in there that POSI from a 89-93 SC that u might find at the junk yard. i think it will help

i want to put a better torque converter, shift kit, gears, and posi unit. Where could I find some of this?

Back