Stuttering SC

getblown

My 93 just seems to have a speech impediment...

ONLY when its sitting at idle, doesnt matter what gear, it feels like the car is missing resulting in it stalling sometimes when i put it in drive and/or a drop in rpm of 200 or so?

My only guess at the moment was the plugs and wires for a first guess. Is there a way to check them, or should i just get new ones. The plugs are nes from last August and have only been on the car for about 4K (blewup and sat for 8months). and i put new plugs in when i did the engine?

Suggestions and help appriciated,

jOe

Hey Joe if the plugs and wires are that new that may not be it...depending on the make ..Since it sat so long have you checked for dry rotted or cracked Vacuum hoses??? Usually the bad wires and plugs rear thier ugly head at WOT...hope you get her going.. ;)

are you registering low vacuum durring the stuttering that evens out when you give it a little gas to help it hold idle?

If so, Put a long flexable tube in one ear and listen around the intercooler tube connections for any air leaks.

I just did a headgasket job, put it back together, and the idle was bad; had low vacuum and would eventually kill itself if left alone. Sure enough, the lower intercooler tube wasn't sealed properly and was leaking air. I applied a thicker bead of blue rtv, and now it purrrrrrs.

Could be the TCC (torque converter clutch not disengaging). Try unpluging the TCC relay at the rear passenger side of the trans (blue/orange wire). If this remedies the drop in RPM, then the TCC relay needs replaced. If it does not, then the converter has a mechanical problem.
(Info from http://www.quality-trans.com/faq/faq4.htm and ALL-DATA)

discipled1

Back