anyone know how to bypass the brake safety switch?

Jeremy_K

has anyone successfully jumped the brake safety switch under the brake pedal? i'm on my second one ready to take a crap. i tried jumping it with a paperclip but it only worked one time. this stupid thing is causing unwanted cranking on my ignition switch. :mad: :confused:

starter interupt relay

I think that is what you are looking for ...and that runs off the brake switch
LT green with red strip..is power to the brake switch[check for power and fuse #6[third row.15 amp top in fuse box under dash] ..and then should be pink/white wire ...from brake switch to interupt relay..pink/white wire from the relay goes to the ignition switch ..[which when working when you step on the brake ] sends power from ignition switch..back to the relay via a red/LT blue wire ..closing the relay ...and sending power ..to the neutral safety switch on automatics ...then from...neutral safety switch ..it"s white/pink wire.. to the antitheft module ..and then back to...red/LT blue wire ..if you have that option...if not it changes back to red/LT blue wire ..going to the starter relay on the fender under the hood ...and that completes the starting curcuit..to the starter relay..

I just can't tell you were the interrupt relay is mount under the dash ..have to trace the wires to find it ...dave

Last edited:
I assume you are refering to the circuit which requires you to depress the brake pedal to start the car? I'm not real clear.

Anyway, the relay for that is in the lower left side of the underdash. Pull the cover and it's right there above the fuse box. This relay is also part of your OE anti theft system so if you remove the relay then your OE starter kill won't work either. Nonetheless you can simply join the two heavy wires in the relay and voila no more brake pedal crap.

Either that or you can cut the brake pedal feed to the relay and run it to ignition power. That will bypass the brake switch as well.

Cat Girl said:
I assume you are refering to the circuit which requires you to depress the brake pedal to start the car? I'm not real clear.

Anyway, the relay for that is in the lower left side of the underdash. Pull the cover and it's right there above the fuse box. This relay is also part of your OE anti theft system so if you remove the relay then your OE starter kill won't work either. Nonetheless you can simply join the two heavy wires in the relay and voila no more brake pedal crap.

Either that or you can cut the brake pedal feed to the relay and run it to ignition power. That will bypass the brake switch as well.
Which is the brake pedal feed to the relay? I know which wire the ignition power is.

You have to catch it at the relay. You have to cut the brake wire to isolate it from the actual brake circuit which is why you have to do it at the relay.

:confused: I'm confused. Yesterday I tried jumping the wires that go to the stoplamp switch over to the ignition wire. No luck. I need wire colors and exact locations maybe even pictures because I'm a moron. I don't know where the relays for the brakes are or anything. I just want it so i don't have to step on the brake to start.

Back