Need MAF flow #'s

fastsc92

Trying to get some flow numbers and transfer functions for a 73mm C&L, with a red tube (42lb). They claim that they do not have the flow numbers for the following combo. Does anyone have those numbers available?

I don't know about your 73mm C&L transfer function.
But flow numbers are 1mm = 8CFMs.
The SIMILAR THREADS below may help ya.

Randy

Last edited:
The C&L meter approximates the stock flow curve and therefore there is nothing to change. Since you have already stated that you are not getting a correct AF ratio from the meter, then you will have to dyno test the car against what you are commanding in the tuner file and adjust the MAF curve until they match. There is no other way to do it. (that I know of)

I plan on doing dyno tuning, but i need the transfer fuctions to get a close start. If i plug in transfer fuctions for a different sized tube, then everything will be off. I was reading somewhere that the flow curve is not right according to what C&L says. It seems that it could be a big part of my problem. If i were to plug in stock numbers i'd be tuning forever with increasing and decreasing about 50+ numbers. If at least i get somewhere to start, then i can increase or decrease the flow #'s by a pertentage across the board to get a stable reading.

You are not following me. A C&L meter follows the stock transfer function. I have proof if you don't believe me. I have a car sitting here with a C&L and 42lb injectors that has a flatline AF that matches the stock commanded AF almost to the letter.

Since your car is NOT putting out the commanded AF ratio, you have something else that is screwing up the MAF signal. It could be you have a defective meter, bad sensor, your airbox, it could be a ground wire or connection issue, it could be an injector or FPR issue, who knows. Nonetheless you have an issue that is not related to the transfer function. If you were to get a flow sheet from C&L stating what the meter is supposed to flow and for some reason it isn't then you won't be any better off than you already were.

Rich Thomson posted a flow sheet for a C&L which he claims shows that the C&L doesn't flow the right curve. Well, evidently the one he had didn't for some reason, but all the ones I have are actually very accurate. I think it has more to do with installation than anything else. I use either the stock airbox or a cone filter directly on the MAF.

You could simply adjust the WOT fuel multiplier and that will at least allow you to get a decent HP reading but it won't cure driveability issues.

From what i understand, i still need to use the correct sampling tube in the body and adjust the transfer fuctions to match. I got two flow sheets from C&L for 30lb and 36lb. Both sheets are very very different. I believe that i need to modify the table with the correct transfers to start with. Because.....if i kept the stock functions in there...and then tell the computer the new injector size of 42 instead of 30.....how can it process that information correctly. You're right, i'm probably still not following you. I just dont see how you can use the stock fuctions and then tell it 42's and have everything work just dandy. Before you were tricking it, now you're telling it the correct information.

For example here is the listing for C&L 30lb calibration, and the stock calibration.

Stock:

Voltage Kg/Hour
.6 ..................14.26
.8 ..................20.28
1 ...................29.8
2 ...................115.6
2.2 ..................145.7
2.6 ................. 218
2.8 ................. 262
3 ................ 310
3.2.................. 362
3.4 ................. 428
3.6................... 497
3.8 .................. 576
4..................... 661
4.5................... 884.6
4.75................. 992.7

C&L

.6 .................17.79
.7.................. 20.99
.8 .................24.90
1 ...............34.15
1.4 ..............60.47
1.6 ..............75.45
1.8 .............97.94
2 ...........118.97
2.2 ..........151.3
2.4 ..........180.05
2.6 ......... 217.87
2.8 ......... 261.75
3 .......... 321.64
3.2......... 360.7
3.4 ......... 417.8
3.6 ......... 477.95
3.8 ......... 553.1
4 ......... 623.6
4.2........ 704.97
4.3........ 745.64
4.6........ 885.73
4.8........ 988.55
5 ........ 1092.29

As you can see, the numbers are all off. I know its suposed to follow the stock curve, but there are many differences in the charts. Some are only off by a few points, others as much as 25-30points off.

Now on a side note...am i just suposed to leave the 42lb tube in there and tell the computer my new injector size, or do i put a stock size tube in, and tell it 42 injectors?

Last edited:
FastSC

You put the RIGHT sampliong tube for 42lb injectors for your YEAR SC PERIOD....And the car should run just fine.

As Dave had said..If you have the right tube and your car doesnt run..SOMETHING else is WRONG..Period.

If your using an EEC tuner you keep the factory supplied tranfer curve for your vehicle..You modify that curve..

Other option..C&L has 2 sampling tubes in which they do hav eteh curve for..I believe its the green and black(I could be wrong)...Get on eof those and then put supplied curve into EEC tuner..

SO basically....You either have wrong sampling tube now...Or something else is wrong with your car....Those are the only two options

DamonSlowpokeBaumann said:
FastSC

You put the RIGHT sampliong tube for 42lb injectors for your YEAR SC PERIOD....And the car should run just fine.

As Dave had said..If you have the right tube and your car doesnt run..SOMETHING else is WRONG..Period.

If your using an EEC tuner you keep the factory supplied tranfer curve for your vehicle..You modify that curve..

Other option..C&L has 2 sampling tubes in which they do hav eteh curve for..I believe its the green and black(I could be wrong)...Get on eof those and then put supplied curve into EEC tuner..

SO basically....You either have wrong sampling tube now...Or something else is wrong with your car....Those are the only two options

Ok so i keep the 42lb tube in there, but what do i tell the computer for injector size? Do i enter 42lb, or leave it at 30? The car runs and drives great, its just a little on the lean side.

Also it is my understanding that some people i talked to have a dead on mixture with the same mods as me, and others have richer and leaner as well. Every engine is different, and i guess you cant expect to get a perfect a/f with just bolting the C&L on there. Like i said the car runs great, and its running a little on the lean side. I've been gathering a lot of info on EEC tuning and this was brought to my attention that i need to use the flow numbers for the combo that i have. The main concern was what to do with the injector size listed in the computer. Because injector size, is a determining factor of engine load as well as MAF readings. They go hand in hand, so i dont want to tell the computer false readings.

Back