How do you remove Dash Guage Cluster peices?

91GreatWhiteSC

Ok this sounds dumb.....I cant get the dash panel off to get to the guage cluster out to finish my Reverse Indeglo guages. I got the speedo one left to do and i searched and searched and yet no one has this issue. Anyone wanna let me know so i can finish b4 i goto maine with all my new guages installed but the speedo? lol.

91GreatWhiteSC said:
Ok this sounds dumb.....I cant get the dash panel off to get to the guage cluster out to finish my Reverse Indeglo guages. I got the speedo one left to do and i searched and searched and yet no one has this issue. Anyone wanna let me know so i can finish b4 i goto maine with all my new guages installed but the speedo? lol.
O comon are you people telling me youve never ever done this?

91GreatWhiteSC said:
O comon are you people telling me youve never ever done this?
Do u have the cluster out and cant get the speedo separated or r u still trying to get the cluster out?

You need to remove the guage panel trim piece. There are two screws just under the lip of the dash board above the guages. Then there are clips and plastic tabs holding it in. Carefully pull and wiggle it loose. Then you will clearly see the 8 or nine screws holding the guage cluster in place (as well as the plexiglass). Remove them and the guage cluster will slide forward. Unplug the wiring harness on either side, and the boost guage vac tube in the middle. Some wiggling and gentle pulling on the guage cluster is required to have enough room get your hand back there. After everything is disconnected, tilt the guage cluster to get it out. All of the guages should just pop right out, but the boost/gas guage is held in by a screw on the back...

joenintiesc said:
You need to remove the guage panel trim piece. There are two screws just under the lip of the dash board above the guages. Then there are clips and plastic tabs holding it in. Carefully pull and wiggle it loose. Then you will clearly see the 8 or nine screws holding the guage cluster in place (as well as the plexiglass). Remove them and the guage cluster will slide forward. Unplug the wiring harness on either side, and the boost guage vac tube in the middle. Some wiggling and gentle pulling on the guage cluster is required to have enough room get your hand back there. After everything is disconnected, tilt the guage cluster to get it out. All of the guages should just pop right out, but the boost/gas guage is held in by a screw on the back...
What im having problems with is the Trim peice. IT seems to be stuck on the steering colum. Anyone have this issue?

91GreatWhiteSC said:
What im having problems with is the Trim peice. IT seems to be stuck on the steering colum. Anyone have this issue?

Remove the shroud covering the steering column (just behind the steering wheel), it has three screws on the bottom of the shroud. That should give you enough room to remove the dash trim panel.

i got a question i'm stripping out a 90 sc too and i can't figure out how to get front black plastic piece past headlight switch.i undid that big nut around the switch but still on there... :mad: can anyone helps this poor tard out?

The trim piece was harder putting back in then taking it out. Taking it out requires a little bending and yanking. To get it back in you have to put the plastic tabs into the slots closest to the center by bending it gently to get the tabs to line up with the slots. I did it three times already and each time it felt like it would snap any minute, but didn't. :D

The light switch just pulls off of the stud it sit on. There is a slot in the stem and a small metal clip inside that you can release with a small screwdriver. I just yanked mine off and the metal clip released by itself. The manual just says to pull it straight off...

Back