Autozone suspension quality info. needed!

91CaliTBIRD

Autozone carries all there front end stuff under lifetime warranty. I drive my SC hard, and want to go with higher quality front end parts like Mogg. Being i plan to keep my SC and knowing ill probably need to replace the Upper cntrl. arms/ball joints again, i wanted peoples opinions who have used the Autozone brand "Perfect Circle" for the quality on these. I dont mind to much if they wear out a little faster as long as their sturdy like a higher quality brand for a while atleast. Let me know guys. Thanks

I had bought some upper arms from Autozone a couple years ago and after taking them out of the box they were actually TRW arms. If you buy an arm from Ford you are getting TRW parts also.
I would say you would be fine with the lifetime warranty.

AZ carries two lines of many parts. The better stuff is Moog, TRW, Perfect Circle, etc. Do NOT under any circumstances (when you have the option) get the cheaper stuff. It's junk.

{edit} Perfect Circle is NOT an AZ brand. Perfect Circle is DANA and it is top notch.

I bought new upper control arms from AZ and they seem fine. I don't remember the brand, but there was a made in Canada sticker on the parts.

David

Get the Moog suspension parts. They have blue boots and zerk fittings to grease them unlike the stock units which are sealed.

uca-moog.JPG

Front Suspension Kit

grease fittings.. do they really matter?

Good idea; however, I've always had the rubber covers crack on all my vehicles which has allowed the elements to cause the balljoint to eventually rust. I've never actually needed to add grease to a good unit and once the seals crack, its a futile effort to keep them greased.

wow, thats a nice pic, whats that part called, i need that part because my bushing is gone, AUTOZONE PART NUMBER? COST?

Most of you guys are right Scme94, Birdman94. And David these have the Canada sticker on the boxes too. They are referred to Autozone as "Perfect Circle" but when you look at the stampings they say "TRW". The boots are clear unlike the blue on "Moog" and they dont have a fitting either for grease, they are sealed. But like TBscfan said whats the point of greasing if the boots are cracked? Also according to the picture Rich has of the "Moog" they are alittle darker black and probably have better paint on them unless you painted them again Rich.
Over all i think they look really cool with the clear boots, they are LIFETIME and they are "TRW". Maybe Moogs are a bit tuffer who knows. But these are not junk either.

Back