PDA

View Full Version : Do i need fuel upgradeds for my mods?

daivd z
05-28-2004, 08:06 PM
My mods are 5% pulley, tbird88 downtubes into 3 inch into dual 2.5 no cats and borlas, intake w/ k&N and 75MM MAF, JS pulley, double IC and raised top. The car just feels really slow and not having the power it used to when I got WOT. I can also see the spedo not going up as fast and it barely burns out when it used to spin them from second gear. The boost went up wiht i put on the raised top and i dont know why. Do I need a fuel pump maybe?

rlong
05-28-2004, 08:19 PM
i doubt its the fuel i think the bigger maf and throttle body on mine slows down the air intake speed and it feels slower below 2000 rpm and i only have 65mm throttle body and 70 mm maf , mine still runs rich or normal with all my mods i hooked a voltmeter to my 02 sensor so i could tell if im rich or lean im about right i also can tell it goes in to open loop around 4 pounds of boost, when i had my tuner working i thought i tried some of the mas air flow numbers they recomended on the bigger maf site and it didnt run as good i put them back to stock

daivd z
05-29-2004, 02:08 AM
it didnt have its power loss till i put on the raised top. it ran great and was pretty quick before the top. now it can barely turn the tires over in first. im using a silicone connector to hold the top and upper IC pipe together do you think that could be the problem?

XR7 Dave
05-29-2004, 07:48 PM
How much boost are you getting? The only problem I could see from what you have said is if you have a boost leak.

daivd z
05-30-2004, 02:37 AM
it goes 13 right away then climbs to almost 15. my old silicone sonnector leaked then i changed it and im guessing it doesnt leak now since the boost is going up but i dont know.