AOD - Transgo kit

90SCvet

anyone here ever install one of these? i just bought one, and i'd love to know how fun and thrilling it is to install it, or if its just a huge pain in the ***.

someone let me know, thanks

It's not so bad, follow the directions in the video and don't mess with the O/D servo and you'll be fine....just be ready to take a Mercon bath.
Good luck,
z

If you're mechanincally inclined, then i'd say about 3-4 hrs for completion time. I can drop and re-assemble my pan and valvebody in about 2hrs. Had to do this 3 times in two weeks. Do be careful if you replace the od servo piston. There was no special instructions notifying you to make sure you correctly line up the piston pin with the notch in the band. I didn't, and thus the 3 times in 2 weeks for dropping the pan/valvebody to correct my non od problem. Overall, not very hard to do though. Be very patient, have compressed air ready, as well as 8, 10, & 12 or 13 mm sockets ready to go also. Rubber/latex gloves are a must, as well as a large drain pan. Best of luck. I'm loving my fairbanks kit in my 94. Shift kits are a must to any sc.

Back