Do I need to cut........

ThunderDave

.........the exhaust pipe to remove the gas tank? When I had the high flow cats put on and the radiator deleted, he welded the pipe together where the rear connection was at. From what I've read, the exhaust has to come out to remove the tank. Can I get a coupler to put on there when I put it back together without having it rewelded? That way in case I ever have to do it again, it will be easier. Or would welding it back up be better> Anybody ran into this prob before and would it be worth it to put a 94/95 tank back in?

Thanks,

David

When i had my exhaust done, i took a picture of the Big Dog Exhaust System and said i want one of these. part way thru the install he came out with a coupler that is used on diesel pickup's that was just like the factory tbird coupler at the resonator, but only bigger to fit the 3 1/2 center pipe. sure glad he did cause two weeks later i had the gas tank out to put in the 255 lh pump . The back section needs to come out for tank removal.

BTW i hope you deleted the resonator and not radiator or you will have ONE HOT AS HELL SC LoL :D

Last edited:
Yeah you have to get the exhaust out of the way. When exhaust shops do exhaust you should ask for a ball and socket type connections where necessary to simplify exhaust removal.

exhaust

Mike8675309 said:
Yeah you have to get the exhaust out of the way. When exhaust shops do exhaust you should ask for a ball and socket type connections where necessary to simplify exhaust removal.

I wish I had known that when I had mine done, oh well. I guess I'll put a coupler on it and clamp it good, maybe later get that ball and socket connection.

Yeah, I meant resonator delete. I was holding our 6 week old and our other two boys (4 & 2) were running around while I was trying to type.

Thanks Mike8675309 and 92_coupe for the info.

David

Back