KYB Shocks Q...

Chaotic Bliss

I was just wondering if I put these on my 89 XR7 with stock springs if they would raise my car at all. One of the threads I read during my search said this might happen and I definately don't want the car to be any higher.

Also, has anyone tried the KYB's with the stock springs? Is the handling improved over stock?

Thanks

i got kyb's in the rear. for cheap shocks they do preety good actually. best bang for the buck imo

When shock absorbers are properly installed they should not affect the ride height of your suspension. The springs support the suspension, your shocks simply provide damping of jarring or rapid motion and are not capable of holding the vehicles wieght.

I believe other members have encountered problems with ride height after installing shocks due to the mounting towers.

I have the kyb's on the car for about 700 miles now. I was the one having ride height issues, but everything checked out fine. The only thing, is that you feel every little bump or crack in the road, and sometimes it can be very harsh. It must just be that i'm using S/T springs which have the most spring rates over stock, and they are a linear spring. I was more concerned about lauching at the track and having a stiff spring. I'm not sure i'd buy them again, but they are ok for the time being. Too bad bilstein doesn't make them anymore.

Back