Overheating/Fan motor

Spike31460

My bird is overheating and my E-fan is not kicking on . I just replaced the fan and it is still not kicking on. No water in the oil , pump is pumping , the fan won't kick on even when the air or defroster are on . Where is the ECT sensor ? How do yu check the IRCM ? Thanks , Spike.........

You need to stop driving it if it is overheating. Excess heat will warp aluminum head

Do you have a check engine light? Having your codes checked will tell you if the fan circuit , ECT, or IRCM is bad. Try doing a wiggle test. I believe the ECT is at the passenger side front corner of the lower intake manifold sticks up and is connected by a black steel adapter. Good Luck. Lots of info to be had try doing a search...

No check engine light . I've just replaced DIS , Harmonic balancer , spark plugs , wires , and Coil module when this overheating started . It ran fine last summer when I had it out . It seems that all of the electrical stuff is wearing out . I know now where the ECT is by your description . I've also done alot of research in the archives through a search and have read alot of things about overheating , but none seem to fit my situation exactly , as yet . Thanks for the help . It also ran fine on a trip of about 200 miles this weekend until we got home and into the driveway and she puked .

Tested the fan and it is working fine , both speeds . Today I replaced the ECT sensor and got a loud spewing from the air conditioning compressor from the small spout thingy on the side , right beside the DIS.module . Is my compressor fried ? When I first start the car with the air on , the center part of the pulley spins , then stops after about 5 seconds and is very hot(the compressor) very soon after it is running (the car) . Could this be why my fan will not kick on ? HELP

Last edited:
Back