PDA

View Full Version : Whats that Noise??

Super XR7
05-31-2004, 07:47 PM
At a idle speed that last greater than 30 seconds I get a strange noise from the induction side through the air filter. It is almost like air going across a coke bottle opening. It instantly goes away when the engine rpm changes. What can this be? Can I get rid of it?
Induction has SPC 3.5" cold air kit, 76mm MAF, 85mm MP TB, MP inlet plenum.

Thanks,
Mike Tuck
89 Cougar XR7

darkstar_one
06-02-2004, 02:12 AM
well its ur IAC valve going bad, if ur car is an automatic i suggest replace it soon because it will cause ur car to idle like around 1500 in gear and burn up ur transmission. if you are interested i have a good used one for sale.

$10.00 plus $4.00 shipping.

MercsSC
06-02-2004, 08:46 AM
sounds like a clamp or seal on your cold intake ..my air box made that noise .. when I broke the tabs off the air box... trying to squeeze a K&N airfilter in it....dave

darkstar_one .. don't think you want to give one of those up... for 10 bucks ...I payed like a 150 CND for a new one ..and lost it on the sales man when there was no gasket included..http://www.ten-tenths.com/forum/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

Super XR7
06-02-2004, 07:26 PM
[QUOTE=MercsSC]sounds like a clamp or seal on your cold intake ..my air box made that noise .. when I broke the tabs off the air box... trying to squeeze a K&N airfilter in it....dave

I looked at the clamps and they all seem to be in good shape. I have a extra IAC and will give it a shot after I return from Carlisle. Thanks for the help!

Super XR7