i need help can someone please help me?

twylightbird

i just got this sc about 2 weeks ago drove great for 5 days then the head gaskets blew so i did the head job hooked everything back up right then it started ran kinda rough but it was running but i shut it off so i could put some more water in it then it wouldnt start back up .itll shake and pop like its going to run but it wont so someone told me to look at the pluggs so i put new ones in cause the ones in there were wet looking and they were new so then it still wouldnt start so i put a new crank sensor and still nothing ive burnt 2 starters turning this thing over and it still wont start i checked the fuel pressure and its reading about 36 lbs if anyone has any ideas please help me out this is my only transportation and im tired of sitting home lol! :)

Have you checked to see if you have spark? Pull 1 wire off and put it on 1 of hte plugs you took out. Touch the plug to a Ground source (Manifold or something like that), then crank it over. See if it sparks. If it doesnt, then you have a place to start looking.

Hate to say this

If your adding water and the plugs are wet and you drove the car with bad head gaskets you could have cracked the intake or exhaust runners. Water is pouring in as your crank it. Trust me I';ve been there, always pressure check the heads! anyway to see I'm I right just drain the coolant complete and try to fire it up.. Just seconds to see how it runs... If it runs smooth then you have your answer.

Is the upshift light on when you are cranking the engine?
Check your balancer & bolt.
Any codes??????

I don't know what you mean by the plugs being "wet looking" is it water or gas???..Also when you put your IC tubes back on did you get a good seal????

Have you checked to see if your getting spark? Dont just toss parts at it till you know what you are trying to fix. Once you know what you dont have, then you can trouble shoot and test the parts you have. Get a volt/ohm meter and get ready to test some things. Very easy and very handy to have.

If your cam sensor is bad you should get code 214 and your tach will bounce around or not work at all.
Did you get any codes :confused:

If you used a Haynes manual to determine where the spark plug wires go, that is probably whats wrong because the book is wrong. Here is a correct location and firing order chart. Pay paticular attention to the coil pack plug numbers.

PlugandWireLayout.jpg

David

If you had the CMP assembly out, you'll need to install it properly with the special tool. If it's not in right, your fuel timing will be off. After the assembly is in right, use another special tool to lign up the CMP sensor. Even though the engine will not start, you can still get the DTC's with the KOEO test.

Back