Crank bolt specification???

LJGriggs

I did a search on the BBS and found the part numbers for the Mustang crank bolt and washer, but does anyone know what the actual bolt size is? I'm looking for the basic specs (length, diameter, threads, strength, etc.)

If this has been asked, and answered before, sorry about that...just point me in the right direction please....

Maybe I need to be more specific...

It's hard to believe nobody knows the answer to this, so I must have asked the question incorrectly. So, I'll try again...
I am looking for the specification (grade, length, thread size, etc.) for the bolt (and washer) that secures the harmonic balancer to the crankshaft. It can be the specs for either the original "stock" bolt, or the replacement "Mustang" bolt.

Thanks guys!!!

Simple, drive to Ford dealer purchase one washer and one bolt. Now you have the bolt to match up. This is one of the cheapest parts you will buy at the Dealer. Also the bolt doesn't have to do anything except keep the balancer from walking forward. The balancer is keyed and pressed on the crankshaft the bolt doesn't do that much. The bolts don't fail on their own. The balancer being out of balance breaks the bolt.

I use a longer bolt to help start the HB upon reinstall then switch to the Mustang bolt and finish installing. I don't have the thread pitch and size handy although it is a metric bolt.

Jerry

Thanks!!!

That is exactly why I was looking for the bolt specs (actually an alternative to the Mustang bolt).

Back