intake or t/b adaptor

z9_87

I recently put a v8 in my SC. Just got a gt40 intake for it and I know it won't fit under the hood because of the way the mustang intake is. (it points straight out instead of curving down to the right.) I know there's an adaptor out there to make it fit, and I wondered if any of you knew what it's called.

I think the intake wont fit at all with the stock hood. The 5.0 intakes also sit higher than the t-bird 5.0 intake. Best bet is to have a 5.0 t-bird intake cut open, ported, and polished out then installed. A hogged out stock unit will flow like a gt-40. The t-bird 5.0 intakes have an elbow that turns the tb 45degrees to fit. I think you can also buy them aftermarket .. GL

z9_87 said:
I recently put a v8 in my SC. Just got a gt40 intake for it and I know it won't fit under the hood because of the way the mustang intake is. (it points straight out instead of curving down to the right.) I know there's an adaptor out there to make it fit, and I wondered if any of you knew what it's called.

It's called an SN95 Throttle Body Adaptor. Trick flow makes one and Ford SVO also makes one. Here is a link to the Trick Flow adaptor at Summit.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=TFS-5150SN95

David

Last edited:
You cant use that upper it wont clear hood as far as I know. Is it a GT 40 Tubular? If so I have an SN95 Cobra upper I'd be willing to trade if you pay shipping:O)..The SN95 will fit

DamonSlowpokeBaumann said:
You cant use that upper it wont clear hood as far as I know. Is it a GT 40 Tubular? If so I have an SN95 Cobra upper I'd be willing to trade if you pay shipping:O)..The SN95 will fit
well let me get it on and see what happens w/ that adaptor. But I'll keep that in mind. Isn't he cobra upper a gt-40 anyways?

Back