Tachometer Jumping / Car Cutting Out

Scarter676

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

In the last week my car has had the tachometer (on 3 occassions) jump reading from 2k-0 RPM's. While the vehicle does this the car doesnt die or stall the tachometer just jumps around. No driveability problems noticed when it does this.

Second, and a more major concern for me is that in the past several days when driving the car If I get on it a little bit too much the vehicle will completely cut out power, then it immediately picks up after it cuts out.
This is especially true if the vehicle has only been running for 10 minutes or so. It doesnt seem to do it at all when the vehicle has been driven for 15+minutes.

Literally everything on this vehicle is 1 year old or less (with regards to the engine and engine parts). The car did this last year for some time so the following is less than 9 months old

DIS
Wires / Plugs GAP .52 NGK plug double platinum
Coil Pack
Rewired DIS wires (old harnesses were cracked and split)
EEC Unit (Main Computer)
New Engine
Throttle Position Sensor
EGR
Air Idle Bypass
Intake (K & N)
New Fuel Pump
Fuel Filter
Pressure Regulator
BLAH, BLAH, BLAH

No engine light comes on and no engine codes are pullled up when this happens. One interesting thing to note (not sure it matters ) Over the last month the emergency fuel shut off switch has tripped itself two different times for no apparent reason. The car runs fine other than the listed problems. I have plenty of fuel pressure (Drove around with gauge hooked up).

Last year when it did this it was the TPS but this part is only 9 months old.
ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated since no mechanics in this area can help me out ( that I've met anyway ).

you might have a short somewhere .... if you you have a code reader than you can do the wiggle test, best way to find shorts. i few years ago i replaced the fuel cut-off switch because i was having a problem of my truck dying out here and there for no apparent reason, it turned out a bat cut-off switch .... find the conector where the cut-off switch is conected to and jump the conector and see if you still have the problem

Back