1/4 Mile time.

Callmewhitexr7

Well I've been doing alot of research on the Gtech Pro Competition meter and everything I've come up with says they work. But may be off by 5/100's. I know the hp and tq are only close if you have the exact weight of the car. Well anyways I did a run with it and ran a 14.33 @ 100.74. Every run I've done has been in the 14's. So I'm pretty impressed with what I got outta it seeing as how I have no major mods. I just recently built the motor though. First motor I've ever built. Only mods are bored over .40 and ported the intake plenum front and rear some what. Just port matched the plenum to the blower and smoothed out the inlet on the rear plenum. But I've very satisfied with the results.

NICK

Not to disapoint you or anything, but I'm willing to bet that your GTech is showing about .5 or more too fast. Also, GTechs are notorious for having a rediculously high trap speed. I'm guessing the MPH is fast by 6-8mph.

Take her out to the track and see what it'll run.

BlckOnBlckBrd said:
Not to disapoint you or anything, but I'm willing to bet that your GTech is showing about .5 or more too fast. Also, GTechs are notorious for having a rediculously high trap speed. I'm guessing the MPH is fast by 6-8mph.

Take her out to the track and see what it'll run.

i agree; make sure your weight is correct. imo i think gtechs are moderately accurate for 1/4 time, but trap speed is WAY off. In my mustang i was running low 14s@102-104mph. the car was a low 14 sec car but not at 102+trap speed.

The trap speeds are off because they are measured differently.

The G-Tech meausres all the way to the 1/4 mile, and at the 1320, I forget how its done, but its like 100ft before the finish line.

Back