Just bought a '90 35th edition

svopaul

Hey guys, New to this forum but around Fords forever....I am well known in SVO Mustang & Lincoln Mark VII circles but just bought a 1990 35th anniversary edition SC from the original owner.....I have decided to add a couple of product lines to my companies offering so I bought this car to showcase them on and more importantly to drive and enjoy :) .

quick35th said:
How many miles are on it? Is it a stick or auto? What condition are the seats in?

Shane

It has 136K on the clock, runs great....It's a 5 speed unbelievably has the original clutch in it! Babied by the original owner but been ouside so the seats are bad...but that is not a problem, I am in the process of finishing the patterns up to produce replacement leather upholstery kits for the SC's. I am going to duplicate the Anniversary look but with leather inserts instead of the suede. ;)

svopaul said:
It has 136K on the clock, runs great....It's a 5 speed unbelievably has the original clutch in it! Babied by the original owner but been ouside so the seats are bad...but that is not a problem, I am in the process of finishing the patterns up to produce replacement leather upholstery kits for the SC's. I am going to duplicate the Anniversary look but with leather inserts instead of the suede. ;)

svopaul, when you get done with the upholstery kits email me or pm me as my 35th seats are bad and I really want them fixed.

Shane

quick35th said:
svopaul, when you get done with the upholstery kits email me or pm me as my 35th seats are bad and I really want them fixed.

Shane

Will do....I am looking into offering the original perforated suede as well for those that want to stay original but the leather is much more durable. I have done leather kits for Mark VII's and VIIIs for years now and thought other niche groups like the SCs could use them too. I am fitting our first set on a set of seats now that are plain black to be sure everything is 110%, once that is done I will get started on setting up the 35th style seats. I don't know if there would be any interest but I thought about doing up an embroidery of the 35th emblem that could be embroidered into the seat.

Ive got some other issues/maintenance with the car to handle first as I have some worn suspension pieces up front that are squeaking but once I get everything buttoned up I will be working on the interior :)

quick35th said:
Any idea what the leather version of the 35th seats would cost?

Shane

I don't have all that info put together yet but I'll let you know as soon as I do. Normally with my kits there is no extra charge to do two tone or piping changes. I just have to put everything together and sit down and look at the costs...should know something soon(sooner than I have the first 35th kit done). I'll also have pics of that first black kit here shortly.

I just joined this club so I will see if I can put together a club member special pricing for you guys ;)

I almost forgot....I make floor mats too and this is what I did for the 35th anniversary cars....what do you think? I can do just about anything but thought this looked good.

Attachments

• TbirdSCbluebrd2.jpg
    TbirdSCbluebrd2.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 124
Those are nice floor mats. I think it would look cool if you made a black floor mat with a big 35th emblem on it like the one on the front fenders and super coupe written below it.

Shane

Those mats as pictured with embroidery front and rear would be $109.95...just a front embroidery would be $89.95 plus shipping. I would like to try to do the 35th anniversary logo but need some artwork, as it is difficult to do it from the emblems on my own car. Is there any form of picture, drawing or artwork that could be used to digitize the logo?(needed for the sewing program).

These mats are thick and embroidered, not a cheap iron-on like some of the Mustang mats you see out there. I thought I saw the name Sean Matteson on here, I did a set of mats for him last year as well as a number of other Canadian SC owners.

Hey Paul, I'm Jason Parham, the guy at the Odenville Cruise-In last weekend with my dad's 56 Ford wagon. good to see you posting around here. BTW, come by and visit The Super Coupe Club of the Southeast at sccose.tripod.com

Take care,

svopaul said:
Those mats as pictured with embroidery front and rear would be $109.95...just a front embroidery would be $89.95 plus shipping. I would like to try to do the 35th anniversary logo but need some artwork, as it is difficult to do it from the emblems on my own car. Is there any form of picture, drawing or artwork that could be used to digitize the logo?(needed for the sewing program).

These mats are thick and embroidered, not a cheap iron-on like some of the Mustang mats you see out there. I thought I saw the name Sean Matteson on here, I did a set of mats for him last year as well as a number of other Canadian SC owners.

Nice to see my mats displayed on the forum. Thanks Paul - They still look great.

Steve Richards said:
Nice to see my mats displayed on the forum. Thanks Paul - They still look great.

Good to see you here Steve! I also recognized Sean Matteson's name somewhere. I recently went out and bought one of these and we are finishing up the leather interior kits that I spoke with you about last year. I've done so much with the Mark VIIs that I decided it was time for a change...so here I am :D I made another set of those mats for my car ;) back then I wasn't sure what you talked about with the colors...now that I own one you can expect to see some new stuff ;)

Jason, I'll stop by the other site as well ;)

Back