Tranny Questions

Superchared_SIx

Well it is more then just the tranny I have a few questions for your guys. Will the SC 3.8 go were the 5.0 was , if not what has to be done ? As well will the t5 bolt up to the 3.8 with the right belhousing and wich one should I use or can the M5n12 go were a t5 was. I know I have alot of fabrication ahead of me but if the tranny will bolt up the rest is easy .

buy a 3.8 sc engine,a nd i think a t5 manual trans will work, cause the mustangs came with the t5, not sure where the shifter will be located and wahtnot, but im sure someone has done a post on it before, and as for the "M5n12" that i beleive you are talking about is the M5R2 manual sc trans, and that i dotn beleive will bolt up to a 5.0L...maybe i dunno. hope taht could help you with somthing, but try and do a search on what you are trying to doim sure you will find something

the m5r2 is supposed to be stronger than the t5.....The M5R2 will fit the 5.0

"Yes, but you will need a 164 tooth 50oz unbalance flywheel. The Mustang flywheel is a 157 tooth and will not work. The diameter isn't large enough to engage the teeth on the starter. Mc Leod industries can build one in either aluminum or steel. I am using their dual disc clutch setup as well but they offer more streetable and less expensive clutches as well. Mcleod can be contacted at (714) 630-2764 or (714) 630-3668 for tech service."

the web site is for ted lyons "cobra sc" www.cobrasc.com

Whats Actually happening..

I know I know im sick and twisted but the actual plan was to put the Sc 3.8 into the mustang..... My kind of sleeper ... 350 hp 400 tourque 2300 pounds ... I was just wondering what tranny to use leave the t5 in there or swap the M5R2 as well because i know it will already bolt up to the motor, but will it fit were the t5 was.
Cody

It has been done...I cant remember the guys name of the top of my head tho...Lessonintorque is in the process of doing the swap right now

Back