After the Gloucester Car Show

John Machen

Well we had 4 sc's in attendence. But since my dad had 5 pre-registered we still got a class to ourselves.
I picked up 1st with my black 94
My dad got 2nd with his chamelion 95
Mike and my brother's car (red 90), tied for 3rd.
Mike's car was really nice looking, but there was a requirement for a fire extinguisher, which he didn't have to he lost some points for that.
Hope to get to meet some more of the HRSCC guys soon.
-John

Attachments

• sc.jpg
    sc.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 88
Sorry if this is an ignorant question, but I have never participated in a car show: Why would a fire exstinguisher be a requirement? :confused:

Usually at the car shows you have alot of "home built" mods,so just in case something goes wrong and someone has a problem many of the shows require that you have a fire extinguisher especially with the hot rods.....wouldn't want to lose your ride because someone else screwed up or vice versa.Not an ignorant question.....I wondered why when I read the rules for the first show I attended.
z

Ok, it makes sense when you put it that way. It just seemed sort of odd since its not a track event where you would be running the cars. How are the heads coming along Z?

Oh yeah,the intake,heads and manifolds were gasket matched and polished and once it reaches 2000/2500 rpms it starts pulling hard and just doesn't stop....was really surprised that there are no "flat spots" in accelerating,it just keeps pulling.
z

Hmm, I guess I have the extinguisher part accomplished since its a requirement for Va Firefighters with State tags. Now its just the rest of the car that needs help, lol. Sweet bird Z, Id love to get a ride. Something about me being a firefighter and youre car being red I guess, lol ;)

~B

Well I have about 50' of 1 3/4 attack line you can use too ;) also have an interior Blitz nozzle too. That ought to net a few extra show points having that coiled up in the trunk :D

Back