M.A.F.S. #'s

91CaliTBIRD

I have a few different m.a.f.s. sensors and i want to change the one on my SC because im not sure of its working condition. Im not sure which ones is for a SC and which ones is not. I know there is a thread on this site which shows the #'s for the SC m.a.f.s.. My SC is a 91 and was wondering if the 94-95 SC would work better being their m.a.f. have more flow. Also my m.a.f. doesnt have a screen like ive noticed other m.a.f.. Let me know guys. Thanks! Bill

91CaliTBIRD said:
I have a few different m.a.f.s. sensors and i want to change the one on my SC because im not sure of its working condition. Im not sure which ones is for a SC and which ones is not. I know there is a thread on this site which shows the #'s for the SC m.a.f.s.. My SC is a 91 and was wondering if the 94-95 SC would work better being their m.a.f. have more flow. Also my m.a.f. doesnt have a screen like ive noticed other m.a.f.. Let me know guys. Thanks! Bill

94+ SC's have 36lb/hr fuel injectors. I'm not sure if that was addressed at the ECC or at the MAF.
Late 91 model year SC's have the 92+ MAF, the 70mm without the screen. it was a mid year change from the 89-90 60mm MAF with the screen.
I'm not 100 percent sure but I beleive a 94+ Maf will work on a late 91 model year SC.

Last edited:
RichM said:
94+ SC's have 36lb/hr fuel injectors. I'm not sure if that was addressed at the ECC or at the MAF.
Late 91 model year SC's have the 92+ MAF, the 73mm without the screen. it was a mid year change from the 89-90 60mm MAF with the screen.
I'm not 100 percent sure but I beleive a 94+ Maf will work on a late 91 model year SC.
Thanks RichM! I always wondered why my maf doesnt have a screen. So that means my maf is a 73mm? And if it did have a screen it would be the earlier 91 SC with the 60mm maf? Thats good info.

The 89-90 have 55mm Mafs and 91 up use a 70mm MAf. You can use the 70mm Maf in the early cars with no problem. There is no changeable sample tubes on Ford MAFs and the injector size is built into the EEC not the MAF.

Aftermarket Pro-M and C&L can be calibrated for different injectors to fool the computer. These MAfs need to be calibrated to the injector size you are using.

Jerry

91CaliTBIRD said:
Thanks RichM! I always wondered why my maf doesnt have a screen. So that means my maf is a 73mm? And if it did have a screen it would be the earlier 91 SC with the 60mm maf? Thats good info.

Shockwave has it right, I made a mistake. The 91+ had a 70mm not a 73mm. I'll change that.

Back