45.9 KB · Views: 254
  • ROTOR0112.jpg
    ROTOR0112.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 238
  • ROTOR00232.jpg
    ROTOR00232.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 225
The first two, are swaybar endlinks or stabilizer links
The 3rd, is the upper control arm. The balljoint is not servicable, so you have to buy the complete arm.

Any local part store should have them.

See if you can locate them on this picture:

JE89290.gif

1) Upper cntrl arm Right 2) Knuckle Right 4) Spring Back 5) Strut rod Back
6) Strut rod Nut 7) Spacer Rear 8) Spacer Front 9) Washer Rear
10) Washer Front 11) Bushing Rear 12) Bushing Front
13) Strut rod Retainer nut 14) Base and lx Base and lx Back
15) Actuator Back16) Cover Back 17) Engine cradle 18) Dust cap
19) Axle nut 20) W/o abs W/o abs Back 21) Abs ring
22) Speed sensor Right 23) Rotor Back 24) Caliper Right
25) Splash shield Right 26) Stabilizer bar Standard suspension
27) Clamp Clamp Back

Last edited:
Yep,that's what they are....endlinks[also sometimes called swaybar endlinks] and upper control arm.....like cougarsc said,most any parts store should have them,sorry I don't remember the stock # for them but if you tell the parts guy what you need then he shouldn't have a problem finding them for you.
z

Ford numbers:

Stabilizer bar end links ... F1SZ 5K484 A same for both sides
Upper control arms ... F3SZ 3084 A right side
F3SZ 3085 A left side

If you don't want to use Ford parts, any good auto parts store should be able to hook you up with the correct aftermarket parts.

cheers,
Ed N.

Yup, like Ed said, the Fomoco PNs will not be the same as aftermarket ones like from Moog or TRW.

The bushings in the first pic (Stabalizer bushings) can be replaced with polyurethane ones from MN12performance.com, and you better replace all eight on both sides if you want to do it correctly.

THe stabalizer endlinks are non serviceable, and again, replace both sides or you'll be sorry.

The upper control arms com complete with ball joints and about $70 (Just did mine last weekend) from Moog. The aftermarket Moog parts come with a Zirk fitting, and can be lubed to keep them in good shape. Again, do both sides, if you want to do it right.

"The bushings in the first pic (Stabalizer bushings) can be replaced with polyurethane ones from MN12performance.com, and you better replace all eight on both sides if you want to do it correctly. "

Correction here: Those are the front sway bar end links (boots) and have to be replaced as a unit. The Poly bushings are for the REAR sway bar end links.

Just wanted to help clear up any confusion that this may have caused.

Last edited:
The ball joints in the sway bar end links (pic#1 & #2) are not serviceable. Buy new sway bar end links, or even better/cheaper, go find an '89-'91 low mileage T-Bird/Cougar in a wrecking yard. Here in SoCal (No snow, no rusts, no salt), sway bar end links are still in pretty good shape until 50-60 thousand miles.

The ball joints in the upper control arms (Pic #3) cannot be replaced without replacing the entire upper control arms. This will also get you new upper control arm bushings, so it's not a bad thing to do. Carquest has the upper control arms at about $70 per side.

Last edited:
007_SuperCoupe said:
"The bushings in the first pic (Stabalizer bushings) can be replaced with polyurethane ones from MN12performance.com, and you better replace all eight on both sides if you want to do it correctly. "

Correction here: Those are the front sway bar end links (boots) and have to be replaced as a unit. The Poly bushings are for the REAR sway bar end links.

Just wanted to help clear up any confusion that this may have caused.

OOP! My bad. For some reason, I thought that was the strut rod to frame mount.

The first photo is swaybar end link. Rockauto.com: Moog part number K8633

The second photo is of the strut rod (tension strut) to control arm bushing. Rockauto.com Moog part number K8680 They tell you two required, which is wrong. One part number K8680 comes with the bushings for both sides (at the control arm only- the strud rod to frame bushing is different part)

The last photo is the upper ball joint, which can only be replaced by replacing the entire upper control arm. Rockauto.com Moog part number K8598 for the passenger side.

lrsudog said:
OOP! My bad. For some reason, I thought that was the strut rod to frame mount.

Back