Moog or TRW??

fastsc92

I've always stood behind Moog parts, seeing that I work at carquest and they are good parts. However Moog had a recent warehouse fire, and a lot of parts are backordered. I tried getting lower control arm's with ball joints. I got one so far, (left) and its in a moog box but its a TRW brand stamped on the arm. I called moog and TRW is supplying Moog with some parts for the time being. Is trw a good brand? The balljoint is not greaseable like the moog, and thats what made be question this brand.

Don't quote me on this but...

I beleive TRW is the OEM supplier of some of our suspension parts. I think I remember seeing "TRW" stamped into the side of my front upper spindle arms.

Correct me if I am wrong though.

I work at a parts store in Ontario called Partsource and TRW is our premium suspension line. It carries a lifetime warranty, just like Moog. We have a very low defective rate with it, if that makes you feel better.

As a side note, I just ordered a TRW left lower control arm for my '90 and the TRW was backordered, so they sent me a Moog. However,when I opened it, it said TRW on it. I guess they're giving so much to Moog that they can't meet their own orders. :D

Back