Pricing a NEW engine

best "stock" motor your going to find will be a Jasper. Go to their web site and check out their video of the engine building process. I think they are around 3,000 dollars.

Ford stopped producing brand new 3.8 SC motors many years ago. So you would have to luck into one being sold that has been stored away by someone.

cheers,
Ed N.

I bought a complete assembly line engine last year. Unfortunately it was the guys last one. I see them listed on Ebay occasionally.

Just purchased a *NEW* remanufactured long block from Ford...

Ford now sells the Long Block as an assembly with a 3 year, 75,000 mile warranty right from the dealer. Cost is about $2100 for a shop to purchase it.

I would recommend having a shop install it (any shop) as then If something was to go wrong, Ford will cover the cost of removal and installation.

I am running my 95 SC on a Ford Reman motor and have 435 RWTQ and Silver Casket (Anthony Rongo) currently highest HP SC is running a stock reman also!!!!!

Look into it.....

Put the extra money into mods!!!!!

Don

:D

Yeah lube 70 that is correct. They get them from motorcraft.

Somewhere out there is a warehouse full of SC motors just waiting to be used. Back in the mid 90s you could get a complete longblock for 1,500 from ford with a 1yr 30,000 mile warrenty with big player discount that was 1,250. When the new millinium came upon us the price went up 600. Now what many don't know is that some folks in big business can get a 25% discount from the local ford. So it might be worth your time to find one these reps and get a 2,100 motor for 1,600 + tax of course. Good Luck.

ok heres my deal,im in iraq right now, i have a shop in NC that is doing the install, i gave up my 93 na bird to a guy there, and he is putting the motor and tranny mods for free for me, so the shop there can order the parts, now this motor that you all are talking about, is it ready to just drop in? Please let me know any info, and what you guys think my best bet would be

thanks,
Tyler

Back