T-Bird to Mustang Pedal Conversion

Rich Thomson

I have converted my Accelerator and Clutch pedal to the Ford Racing pedal covers. Not as had as you might think. The Accelerator pedal needs the longer Mustang pin to hold the pedal on the arm. The Clutch required a bit more work. I created a template that you place over the clutch pedal and using a razor blade or marker draw the outline. Then grind away! The pad is a difficult to install but will fit after a few times stepping on the pad to flatten it out a bit. The Mustang pedal has a more pronounced curve to the pedal than the T-Bird. Then it's ready to install. Once the brake pedal cover arrives and is installed it's going to be a new How-to article on the MN12 Performance web site.
accelerator-pedal.JPG

bullet-pedals.JPG

Last edited:
how come your brake pedal is so wide? looks like an automatic brake pedal, or am i a dummy? my 90's 5spd brake pedal is about the size of the clutch pedal.

btw - covers look good! :cool:

SC UL8R1990 said:
how come your brake pedal is so wide? looks like an automatic brake pedal, or am i a dummy? my 90's 5spd brake pedal is about the size of the clutch pedal.

btw - covers look good! :cool:

The 94 SC was an auto. I converted it to a 5-speed. I need a big brake pedal to help stop the Bird! 4 piston Brembos are installed up front already. The 5-speed brake pedal can be modified the same way the clutch pedal was to fit the Mustang cover.

got any pics of your brake set-up ? does the set-up fit under your stock 16" wheels? you could email them to me at scul8r1990@zoominternet.net , very interested to see them.

back on topic......i kinda figured it must have been a 5spd swap or something. and yea we do need all the help we can stopping these birds!

The Brembo system needs certain 17" or 18" wheels to clear. The calipers are much larger than the PBR units, and go over the same 13" Cobra rotors.

cheers,
Ed N.

The Brembo system needs certain 17" or 18" wheels to clear. The calipers are much larger than the PBR units, and go over the same 13" Cobra rotors.

cheers,
Ed N.

darn, looks like the only upgrade would be lincoln markiii calipers and rotors. Id like to retain my stock wheels :cool:

I'm sure you know, but you will also need the 93-up ABS spindles and endlinks on your 90 to do any brake upgrade.

yea i knew the spindles would be needed. I'm not too worried about the brakes right now but when it's time to replace them im just going to upgrade. no point in screwing around :cool:

I finished the pedal conversion last night. The covers look great!

After installing the Mustang Accelerator, clutch, and foot rest pedals I determined the Mustang Automatic Brake pedal was too small. I could not remove the necessary metal from the brake pedal and still fit the Mustang cover over it. I ordered the F150 brake pedal cover (larger) which is brushed aluminum and has rows of black urethane where the Mustang has round buttons for grip. Still looks way better and the grip is excellent! I ordered a 5-speed brake pedal assembly today and will replace the auto brake with the correct 5-speed brake pedal assembly. Later this month I will have a new How-To article for thoes who want to do the same conversion.

mustang-pedal-covers.JPG

Here is the template I created to lay over the pedal for proper resizing. I have one for the 5-speed clutch/brake too.

auto-f150-pedal-cover.JPG

Last edited:
so do the 99-up mustang brakes calipers bolt directly on, or do you have to make a modification to use them on a 94SC?

Brian

Back